Author Topic: Tad Williams and David B. Coe?  (Read 1833 times)

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Tad Williams and David B. Coe?
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
Hi I've been looking at Tad Williams' books and David B. Coe's books.  I was just wondering if any one had read either of these authors.  If you have can you please tell me which of there series I should read?

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
Re: Tad Williams and David B. Coe?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »
I started reading otherland, tad williams cyberpunk sci-fi books and got really bored 100 pages in. It starts off slow. It may be more me. I may not have been in the mood to wait for more to happen.

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »
I have a feeling if it's boring to you it'd be boring for me.  I tend to like having really exciting or intriguing beginnings or else the book isn't worth it to me.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »
Haven't read Coe's stuff, I'm afraid.

Tad Williams's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy is a good one if you're looking for a classic fantasy epic. It's a bit slow to get around to the plot, but it didn't bore me at all.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »
My mood varies depending on whether I have patience or not. I am re-listening to wheel of time and I am at the end of book 9. So I am on the boring parts(though the end of book 9 is great) and I don't find myself bored.

So I can't comment on whether otherland is good or not. It may just be the first book.

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
Thank you.  I will check out Tad Wuilliam's Memory, Sorrow and Thorn Trilogy.  I do enjoy the classic epic fantasy.