Author Topic: customer rant  (Read 2101 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
customer rant
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
"all our other vendors..."

Seriously? That's the stupidest thing to say. What it ammounts to is a threat. "You're not as good as the other people we deal with." It's COMPLETELY unverifyable, and it's STUPID when i know that the industry doesn't work that way.

In this case, the customer downloaded some of our software from us after purchasing it. We also sent him a CD. THey can't find the CD. Frankly, that is NOT my problem. If I lose my Windows XP cd, is Microsoft going to replace it for me? Hells no. Nor will they give me permission to download it again. NO ONE does. Bite the bullet and pay the bucks. Maybe this time you'll realize that something costing $300 is worth keeping track of.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: customer rant
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:23:42 PM »
Actual I no several that will if you have proof of purchase and sometimes your cd-key which if you regesterd online they have for you.  Then they'll send you a CD (for about $20-30) that uses your original CD key.  Also a lot of Videogame publishers will do this if you loose a CD or it gets cracked.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.