Author Topic: Any GURPS or Amber Groups out there?  (Read 3796 times)

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Any GURPS or Amber Groups out there?
« on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:52 AM »
Hey everyone,

I just moved back to Utah from San Diego and I'm looking for a group to join now that I am back. I'd really like to find a GURPS game if possible and if it helps I prefer 3rd edition to the new 4th but I'm more then willing to play a 4e game too (hey, its still better then D&D right  ;D ).

If anyone has an Amber group going that would be cool too, but that's probably too much to hope for . . .

-Erik

Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Any GURPS or Amber Groups out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »
For some reason the moment I saw GURPS, LARPing came to mind. Though I'm not sure why. . .
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »
Great system

To many of the old game systems sold out and jumped on the d20 bandwagon losing their individual feel, I am so glad gurps didn't. Don't get me wrong I love a good game of D@D but when Call of Cthulhu changed over to the d20 system part of the gamer in me died  ;D.

I am almost done converting the allomancy magic system from Mistborn to GURPS rules, it is working out very well. I am kind of disappointed Mistborn is going to be officially released as a D20 system I think it would be better served with gurps.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:49:44 PM by Seaoftrouble »
This Post has been brought to you by Dyslexia and I.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
Yes, I actually have some rules that I wrote up for GURPS Allomancy, I'll have to dig them up and post them.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
You got anything on Feruchemy as well that system is really kicking my #%@. The issue I have is if there is no ceiling yo how much energy can be realest at one time how can it be affordable to players without me having to say you can only spend so much time with that bracelet or you can only channel so much energy at a given time. 80% off the cost of infinite is still infinity. Also there is the issue of diminishing returns talked about in the first book.

“Yes, Master Marsh. However, Feruchemy gives decreasing returns—it takes more than the proportionate amount
of strength, for instance, to make yourself four times as strong as a regular man, as opposed to simply twice as strong.

Decreasing returns might be the saving grace that places some kind of ceiling on certain abilities, this would help with figuring out point cost.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:04:15 AM by Seaoftrouble »
This Post has been brought to you by Dyslexia and I.