Author Topic: I guess now's as good a time as any to announce  (Read 10148 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
I guess now's as good a time as any to announce
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »

For the past month or so, Mi'chelle, Eric, Kendra, Silk (I don't know your real name), and I have been working on a project.  Mi'chelle and I started on the project first and later invited the others to join.  We started a fan site that will encompass all aspects of EUOL's writing and other projects.  I still need to work out a little bit of the layout as well as the top menus.  The main site is a combination of a blog, and other pages that give information about each of EUOL's projects.  We have a Twitter and a FaceBook, as well as RSS feeds for posts that are made to the sites blog.  All things update whenever a post is made to the website so you have multiple ways to keep up on what is going on on Hoid's Compendium.

We also have a forum and a wiki.  Here soon, in addition to keeping it updated on Brandon Sanderson news, we will be publishing articles once a week ranging from interviews with characters at different points in the book, to articles about a certain aspect of a book.  We will also soon be having weekly or bi-weekly discussions that we will podcast for the rest of you to hear, as well as written out for those who can't get podcasts.  We are going to go over a lot of topics that are found here on the forums so that people who don't spend a lot of time on here or who are here but missed the lengthy 30 page discussions, we will condense them down to our podcast length (which has yet to be determined).

We also hope that more features will come to pass, but for now these are the things we are finishing up or are going to be starting in the immediate future.  Hope to see you there or subscribed. =]
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I guess now's as good a time as any to announce
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Bookmarked. ;D
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
  • Jingle bells, Batman Smells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
Bookmarked, and registered!  ;D
¿snoıɹǝs os ʎɥʍ 'ʎllɐǝɹ 'ou no, really, why so serious?

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:37:36 AM »
Bookmarked, registered, subscribed, friended.  ;D

ETA: I just realized we all used the same emoticon. Is Hoid sending us a message?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:44:49 AM by melbatoast »
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:45:36 AM »

Lawl@Melbatoast.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
Ha I know Wilson's name.... it still means nothing though
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
Bookmarked & Registered

Cant wait to see this site come to completion
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »

We have reached 10 subscribers to the Blog. =D
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »
Ha I know Wilson's name.

To be honest, I'm surprised you didn't know it before....It's been used multiple times on here. Plus in the introduction thread....

And if you wanted to, you could find out a lot more than my name from that site....Which brings me to asking Chris why he doesn't have an 'about me' up yet for himself. Why am I the first (and currently only) one on there? Not that I mind, I just find it kind of funny....

Also, I need to get started on Warbreaker. I've been putting it off and I suddenly have no good reason to put it off any longer.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 07:52:15 AM »
(It's Natalie, for the record.)

To be honest: I haven't really done anything yet. It's been all them so far. But I will. As soon as I get some ideas for writing column thingies.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:09 AM »
Wait, Kendra, you're doing WB?  I thought you were doing the Al stuff and I was doing WB?  I'm cool either way though.  (I think Chris was wanting me to do WB since I read it when it was first coming out, so I have that insight.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:22 AM »
I don't know. I'm pretty sure he asked me to do Warbreaker. This would've been about a month ago when I was still in the craziness of school, but...yeah. I can do Al. I haven't read them, so I might get distracted from jotting down names and info and stuff, but they're such a quick read that distraction won't really matter that much.

So I guess since neither of us have really started (although I did just start WB, but I'm not that far into it, and I've really just been skimming and collecting names and page numbers rather than in-depth info so far so nothing really big), I'm up for taking Al. I've been wanting to read them, but haven't been able to get over to the library to get them. Now I have motivation to get there. :)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
It's up to you.  (Well, and Chris since he's assigning us our parts.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 08:39:03 AM »
I really doubt he'll mind, since every book is still being read, and that's the biggest thing. Who has Elantris?

Anyway, I'll do Al. I'll be able to cruise through it and it'll be (theoretically) less tedious than WB....I knew the second he told me what he wanted and what book he wanted me to do that it would take a while. With Al it'll still take a while but it'll be more fun. Because it's just a fun series.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
I think he's tackling Eln.  Maybe it's raethe?  I don't remember.  I do know Eric has mb.