Author Topic: Avatar protest? Ranting  (Read 15442 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar protest? Ranting
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
All of those symptoms are caused by differing SRY Gene mutations. The SRY gene is encoded on the Y chromosome and is the cause for male development, without it we all develop ovaries and the rest of that bag of tricks (also has effects on testosterone ect.).
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »

Transgenders are not just *roles* they are a state in which someone is mentally and emotionally one gender, but physically another.  It has nothing to do with how a person was raised or what was in their environment it is just something that happens.  There are a lot of studies that show that the "condition" is no different than having a gender except for the fact that it is not as widely accepted, thus many people who are transgendered hide it from everyone so it's hard to truly determine the amount of people who truly are transgendered.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
That's your personal belief based on how you feel as a homosexual Miyabi. And while you can rightfully call me baised, foolish, and many other negative things on many matters and be right, I have a hard time excepting any objectivity on that topic from you, you are too tied to it emotionally. I haven't encountered a ghost in any way shape or form so i don't believe in them and someone either has a penis or a vagina you don't get a set of ovaries and a penis. (though a SRY gene mutation can cause female development with incomplete ovaries) Science can explain everything, just because you may have to wait for centuries doesn't mean it can't, and just because a guy happens to be as emotional as a female (i've been taught that women have a more developed section of the brain in which emotions are formed) doesn't make you transgender.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »

It's psychological fact.  If you want me to dig up an abundance of case studies and scholarly articles I will, but I'm sure you're capable of UTFSE.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
I hate acronyms (don't ask why i just do) and case studies aren't going to prove what is certainly unprovable because that would mean a.) a soul has a gender & b.) reincarnation exist now while it could be possible... the burden of proof is on you and I for one have no idea how you are going to prove either statement with out "faith" which to me is synonymous with "copout".

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 06:35:45 AM »
None of it was fact all opinion and assumption based on opinion and assumption based on what ohhh more opinions and assumptions it proves nothing. Proof must be hard unalterable fact!!! Now if you can prove reincarnation and some form that we can sometimes keep a kind of previous awareness of being female/ male then i would agree but you can't so it is guesswork with, from what i read, no substance. (it was boring so i only read the first 2)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2010, 06:47:05 AM »

You are impossible.  I am in NO WAY claiming reincarnation or previous awareness.  I'm done arguing with you, it's like trying to convince a wall it's made of bricks.  No matter how many times you actually tell it something it never believes or understands.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
Claiming that i'm at fault when all i'm doing is the application of logic? That's a statement my bipolar brother would make because he doesn't know how to reason!

And i understand you didn't claim either of those two ideas but they are the only way to prove a "dislocated" person.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2010, 07:07:21 AM »

K, let's play this backwards.  YOU prove to me that they are not truly genders. 

Also there is this, most dictionaries put more widely used and accepted definitions before others.  The definition of gender being male/female is low on the list.  (Looking at Black's Law Dictionary, American Heritage Dictionary, and Merriam Webster.)

The first definition in each dictionary tends to be something along the lines of  'a set or grouping of people used to distinguish differences and in different languages (cultures) run anywhere from 2 to 20.'
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »

it's like trying to convince a wall it's made of bricks. 

hilarious!!!!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »
I don't have to prove it b/c the burden of proof doe not rest on me to desprove something but rather on you to prove something.

Sex-

1 : either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as male or female
2 : the sum of the structural, functional, and behavioral characteristics of living things that are involved in reproduction by two interacting parents and that distinguish males and females

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »

You defined sex when the discussion is about gender.  The words are different.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »
they are synonymous

edit: all documentation i have ever filled out reads sex, which sounds more masculine or something b/c i prefer to use it, pull gender it will give you more of the same
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:25:47 PM by Six More Weeks of Kaz »

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2010, 11:25:10 PM »
In a sense, you're both right, it would seem.

Usage Note: Traditionally, gender has been used primarily to refer to the grammatical categories of "masculine," "feminine," and "neuter," but in recent years the word has become well established in its use to refer to sex-based categories, as in phrases such as gender gap and the politics of gender. This usage is supported by the practice of many anthropologists, who reserve sex for reference to biological categories, while using gender to refer to social or cultural categories. According to this rule, one would say The effectiveness of the medication appears to depend on the sex (not gender) of the patient, but In peasant societies, gender (not sex) roles are likely to be more clearly defined. This distinction is useful in principle, but it is by no means widely observed, and considerable variation in usage occurs at all levels.

from the American Heritage Dictionary on the word Gender

Some people hold a distinction among the two, but the majority apparently doesn't. It would seem Miyabi is in the minority that does, and Kaz is in the majority that doesn't.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.