Author Topic: Hoid Compendium :: Spoilers  (Read 24163 times)

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hoid Compendium :: Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 05:51:25 AM »
 :o  We all talk about Hoid having some part in the breaking of Adolnasium, but now that you mention it  Po, he could be hiding from what/whoever really broke Adolnasium, because, what/whoever it is wants Adolnasium to stay broken!  Primary Myth Arc Villian!
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
We should probably add the thing about Hoid being present at the Shattering to the first page.
That is confirmed, isn't it?

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 04:17:24 AM »
Speaking of Hoid Compendiums, what happened to the website Miyabi?
-Peter Ahlstrom

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »

We'll be down for a month or two.  I'm too busy right this moment and I'm going to revamp the whole site.

Don't worry though.  We'll be back with a new name and an all new look soon-ish.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 04:55:33 AM »
what website is this?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »

hoidscompendium.org  It's down now though.  We'll be back up in a month or two with a new name and a new look. lol.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 10:17:15 PM »
So, I attended Brandon's reading this morning at BYU.  Afterwards, when he was signing my tattered Mistborn Paperbacks, I asked him if Hoid were hiding from something.  He said, (and I paraphrase) "Kind of.  He is also looking for something.  But he certainly doesn't want to attract the wrong type of attention."  He then informed me that Hoid has a viewpoint in TWoK, and then mused aloud that his section might be a good one to read at his second reading today at 5:00.  I don't know that I'll be able to make it, but somebody here is going to, right?
-Peter Ahlstrom

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 12:36:40 AM »
someone had better post a summary of that one. I can't get there by five.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 04:20:54 AM »
Brandon read a section from the epilogue, of all places. So I recommend no one post a summary.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 09:40:13 AM »

That seems very . . . . much an odd place to read from.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
Dangit Brandon, now I have to wait until the book is actually published. >:(  Out of random curiosity, did this epilogue involve Hoid?  I want to know if I inspired him to do this.  The way he said it made it sound like he'd never thought of reading Hoid's part, and then decided to do so right then and there.  Also, I'm mad at myself for making the epilogue un-sum-up-able, and mad at myself for missing it.  Of course, if Hoid is not involved, it's not my fault.  I'm probably deluding myself by even considering the idea.  ... I can't believe I let myself miss this! >:( 
-Peter Ahlstrom

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2010, 09:42:22 PM »
I was there for both readings on friday and now i am so incredibly excited for this book.  The Hoid section was the epilogue? that's kinda strange. but it was cool! it didn't seem to give much of anything away. brandon stopped reading just before something particularly important happened. for the most part [REDACTED] just talked about the world pissing on itself, ominous noises, and what mankind values most.  the most entertaining section he read though was about a man waking up naked in an alley and his interactions with the insane man who lived in the alley with his tubers. VERY funny stuff.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:08:02 AM by EUOL »
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »
Okay, to answer the questions, Yes, hoid was [REDACTED] and it was the epilogue.

Hoid's point in this book is [REDACTED].  Hoid will have a couple of scenes in the main part of the book, and then the scene that was read at the end.

Also, make sure you pay BIG ATTENTION to one of the interludes.  I've been told about it, and trust me, you all will want to make sure you pay attention.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:09:02 AM by EUOL »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:14 AM »
I used EUOL's account to redact part of the previous two posts.

Guys, I consider this specific info to be taking out part of the fun of reading the book. Brandon revealed it to the diehards, but let's please leave it at that in public. If you want to discuss it in private messages that's up to you, but I think it's more fun to read the book and try to figure out for yourself which character is Hoid (it is specifically revealed in the book, but not until late, and if you know right away who it is because you read his name here that will be no fun).
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
Okay Peter, sorry about that.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"