Author Topic: Hoid Compendium :: Spoilers  (Read 24458 times)

Ari54

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: Hoid Compendium :: Spoilers
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2010, 02:59:06 AM »
Plus the fact that Kelsier didn't have a body. That probably had something to do with it.

The 'attuned' to it, I think that it has some weight, but not a lot. After all, Sazed was able to take both Ruin and Preservation's shard-power. Maybe that's only because he was close to the bodies, which still had a connection to the power.

At this point all I have is theory.

I have a feeling Sazed's situation was a bit of an exception, given the way that Ruin and Preservation had fought beforehand. Laras died differently to the way Vin did. But yeah, that's obviously speculation.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
Okay... I'm caught up on this thread at least.... Geez i've been away for too long.
Anyways, this talk of realms has got me thinking: Preservation and Ruin both have physical, mental, and power components to them right (ie: lerasium, the mist spirit (who is what is left of preservation's mind), and the mists, respectively).  So, what if the whole Adonalsium is the same way.  Hoid seems similar to the mist spirit to me.  And he shows up in every world where shards are present (keep in mind, I've only read every published work).  What if Hoid is the mind or body/host of the power of adonalsium, and he wanders around because he has been split off from his power.

On to another thread!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
Also, does anyone have page numbers for the Hoid passages?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:46 PM »

I don't off the top of my head, but these are the exact passages.

There are three parts: physical, mental, and spiritual.  It's all part of realmatic theory.  If one is affected or changed the others are also.

ALSO:

COMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Glomp-  Where have you BEEEEEEN?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »
Unfortunately, life got to me... It does feel good to back though :)  I missed it year, yes I did indeed.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »
Page references are on the first page of this thread, and I don't think that Hoid is the fractured remain of Andonalsium, because he was there when Andonalsium shattered. I guess that means that he could've ben Andonalsium, but I don't think so.

PS. I like the Dr. Horrible quote.