Author Topic: Way of the Kings  (Read 8430 times)

zas678

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Kings
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
[murmurs under his breath] Stupid alpha readers. [/murmuring]

But seriously, it sounds incredible. I can't wait.
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 03:07:29 AM »
I trust it because it's Sanderson...I simply never have any idea what world and situation he's going to catapult our observational powers into next.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:46 AM »
I have no doubt it's going to be well worth the wait.

I just wish I didn't have to, haha.  Lucky for me, I have plenty to read and write to pass the time.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 04:22:44 AM »
I trust it because it's Sanderson
This.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
I trust it because it's Sanderson
This.

I second this.

Wait... I third it.  ;D

I protected your honor (EUOL) at my local Borders in So Cal yesterday. Somebody was talking about The Wheel of Time and about how Robert Jordan's son was finishing his series (im not a fan of the wheel of time, just BS). So I set him straight, pulled him over to your new box set of Mistborn and told him that this would be the best use of $20 dollars short of buying a new puppy for his children. (don't ask me where you can get a puppy for $20, because I don't know). He told me that he had so many books on his list that he couldn't get another set yet. I bought the first book for him (paperback) and told him that it was such a good use of his time that it was worth MY money.

Sad thing is... he never said "No, I can't let you do that. You are too generous good sir, take your hard earned gold coins and journey on your way. Save it for your adventures and for your women."

He just took the bloody book and said thanks.

My Christmas spirit is now broken.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
way to go Vortx! i think eveyone should spread the gift of BS this holiday season...  ;D
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »
way to go Vortx! i think eveyone should spread the gift of BS this holiday season...  ;D

Heck ya.

Give it to the blind for it shall make them.. see? No.. but maybe there is a brail version?
Give it to the homeless for it shall give them.. paper.. to uh.. stuff their shirts with!
Give it to the hungry for they can then resell it for uh.. half the price and can buy.. half a sandwich!

Brandon Sanderson. The author who's books keep on giving.. sort of.

Hyuk Hyuk. :D

Recruit of the Omegas.

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »

I agree!

Back in '06 or '07 (I forget which) I got copies of Elantris for a few of my friends.
I must say that I look back upon that as one of the best Yule shopping trips ever.  It hooked a couple of them on Sanderson, I'm still working on the rest of my circle of friends (although I've made significant progress in converting one in another country - hopefully he'll raise the cry for Sanderson novels in his home market).

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »

I agree!

Back in '06 or '07 (I forget which) I got copies of Elantris for a few of my friends.
I must say that I look back upon that as one of the best Yule shopping trips ever.  It hooked a couple of them on Sanderson, I'm still working on the rest of my circle of friends (although I've made significant progress in converting one in another country - hopefully he'll raise the cry for Sanderson novels in his home market).

We must not start to attack the oppressive front of non-fantasy/sci-fi readers! We must take them and force the word of BS on them for it is what must be accepted as truth...er... fiction... uh.. crap I forgot where this was going..

Recruit of the Omegas.

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 03:39:44 AM »
No! BS's work isn't fiction! All of those books of 'History' are really just a front for the Evil Librarians to make sure they stay in control! One of the few real true books is Alcatraz! The book that proves that is completely serious. After all what's not serious about a teenage female knight who works on a giant mushroom, who defends a kid who's magic power is breaking things?

By the way, did you know that i getting cut off from a knights' magic rock also requires a period of exile from their giant glass mushroom?

Sorry.  Done with Alactraz advertisement now.
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 03:58:36 AM »

I loved that line. xD

Try and work THAT into a conversation.  lol.

If you read the Al jackets they say that "Brandon Sanderson writes fantasy, the kind of crap that isn't important." ha ha.  xD  So it's only the Al books that are real, the rest are fantasy, Brandon just lets Al publish under his name as a front.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 09:24:41 AM »
HAHAHA. i must officially congratulate you for being the first person i know to take up the Alcatraz conversation challenge  :)
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »

Start a thread, I'll kick your butt.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
I want to watch this proposed thread!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 07:21:39 PM »

Start a thread, I'll kick your butt.

I must now go read this Alcatraz series for it shall be a challenge of wits to beat the famous Miyabi!

I accept your challenge good sir.. just gimme.. 2 days.. a few gallons of monster and no sleep to read them all and IT''S ON!!!!

Recruit of the Omegas.