Author Topic: Way of Kings concept art  (Read 11708 times)

zarepath

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Way of Kings concept art
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
Thanks to everybody for posting the pics.  Also, thanks to Brandon and Isaac for letting us see them.  It looks pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie.

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 03:21:10 AM »
Vortx, if you don't want to wait till august for another BS book, you could always try Alcatraz (his YA books). The main character, Alcatraz (who would've guessed?) is a character that has Lightsong's wit (at times), and also a super cool magic 'Talent'. His amazing, incredible Talent? Breaking Things!

It really is quite an enjoyable series, even if only 3 out of the 5 books are out currently.
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 04:22:30 AM »
Yes, read Alcatraz... if that doesn't brighten up your day then you must be made of stone...

Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures! Those of us who are unlucky enough not to live in Utah get really bummed missing out on these things.
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »
Tell me about it Pygmalion - I'm practically in Ontario (I can be there in 20 minutes!)...nowhere near Utah.

There's no way I'd get to see nifty at-signing things if someone wasn't nice enough to gain permission and take photos for me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
I'm happy in Texas therfore BS should move to Dallas or Houston... preferably Dallas :P
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2009, 07:09:39 PM »
Vortx, if you don't want to wait till august for another BS book, you could always try Alcatraz (his YA books). The main character, Alcatraz (who would've guessed?) is a character that has Lightsong's wit (at times), and also a super cool magic 'Talent'. His amazing, incredible Talent? Breaking Things!

It really is quite an enjoyable series, even if only 3 out of the 5 books are out currently.

Its not too kiddish is it? I don't mind light heartedness but when authors think they need to dumb down their style for teenagers it is irritating. Heh   :D

EDIT: Not that I'm a teenager or anything.. I'm 22.. with a heart of a 2 year old and often the motor functions of a 1 yr old.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:17:48 PM by Creative_Vortx »
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »
Alcatraz is definitely NOT too kiddish. I'm 21 and I thoroughly enjoy it.

That would be great if Brandon moved to Dallas... it's within reasonable driving distance... However, one of my post-college back-up plans includes moving to Utah to haunt such wonderful signings, etc.  ;D
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
Brandon isn't moving to another state in the foreseeable future. Sorry!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2009, 01:27:45 AM »
Brandon isn't moving to another state in the foreseeable future. Sorry!

Can we steal him away temporarily with convention or bookstore invitations?  I know people involved in planning and budgeting both.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2009, 05:45:37 AM »
Remind him we are armed.....

P.S. he made note of this when he spoke to the public at the Dallas signing...hilarious
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »
Tell me about it Pygmalion - I'm practically in Ontario (I can be there in 20 minutes!)...nowhere near Utah.

There's no way I'd get to see nifty at-signing things if someone wasn't nice enough to gain permission and take photos for me.

Actually, you can't say you're too far away any more.  There were two guys who drove down from Canada who were at the SLC signing.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
I work nights and I can never get one off?  Plus, if I ever try to get more than 30 miles from work I will be plagued with phonecalls and crying.

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
This seems like a good place for this.  As far as I know, Shadesmar is the name of a patch of water shaped roughly like Roshar. I picked that up from the concept art.  But in one of the Hoid Threads, EUOL is quoted as saying that Hoid is very adept at manipulating the Shadesmar for his own ends.  That map is the first I've heard of the term, but lots of you guys talk like you know what it is.  Did I miss something?
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
I always liked the idea of viewpoint icons. It makes even more sense for super-long epics with tens of viewpoints. :)