Author Topic: Way of Kings concept art  (Read 10869 times)

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Way of Kings concept art
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
I'm not worthy enough to start that high profile of a thread.

Haha. I remember thinking this way. Some threads you just think "I can't start that thread. I'm not a big enough poster on this site yet." Start it anyway. It'll get you out of the lurking. And non-lurking is fun (plus, I need your titles for my list. And I can't get more titles for Death unless you become a regular....Why I am admitting this ulterior motive, I have no idea. But it's true. :P ).

Don't steal my soul.. I like it where it is.. in a box in my attic titled "Old Soup". The L got crossed out and a P was put there by my sister who doesn't know what a soul is... she likes soup tho.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:08 AM »
Besides, on the non-lurking thing, recall that we were all lowly peasants once too. You cannot advance without posting, and topics are even better, as they lead to more posting.

Besides, I've missed the ridiculous speculations that used to go on around here. I remember when we would develop theories that we were dead set on, and Ook would laugh at us, and it was just buckets of fun for everybody!

Ahem. Yes. The art that is there looks quite awesome. This makes me sad that I did not attend the signing.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »
It makes me sad that I cannot attend the signing on Saturday...Stupid concert my dad has to go to that night and so therefore has to pick me up from Rexburg on Friday instead of Saturday, making it so I'll be in Twin Falls instead of Idaho Falls...Argh.

Anyway. I won't be stealing your soul. I'm not interesting in soul-stealing. I'm interested in your titles. Very much so. But only once you get to Level 6. But only for a couple Levels. However, once you get passed Level 15, I'll be VERY interested. I may even twg-stalk you...a little bit....maybe....*shifty eyes*
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

JustinCarmony

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »

Here is a picture of a concept for the chapter headings. Here are the concepts:

The pictures that go around the edge of the arch foreshadow different ideas, emotions, and conflicts to be found in the chapter. The image in the center will typically represent the character the chapter is about.

I had taken 3 other pictures, but I asked Peter & Brandon for permission to post them, and they asked me not to. They regard the language of the world, and are very very very very early concepts, and they said they will change. They are really cool, but I guess we'll have to wait for Brandon to finalize something a little more to post. :)

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 01:58:15 AM »
Cool, thanks for posting!
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 02:27:16 AM »
I hope that 15 was printed like that on accident..

Or maybe hes trying to be "out of the box" artisticly. Hyuk Hyuk.

I made a funny  :D

Recruit of the Omegas.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 05:28:50 AM »
Justin, I had that as well, but was asked by Brandon and Issac NOT to post that.  The three I posted were specifically okayed things.  I'm not sure if they changed their mind or what, but I'd check with them to make sure it's okay to have that up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:31:33 AM by firstEggnogToast »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »
Hey! I am a lurker too! We should have a banner or something....

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 08:20:09 AM »
was asked by Brandon and Issac NOT to post
*saves*
I kid, I kid. I like the ideas behind this, though.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 06:07:23 PM »
Justin, I had that as well, but was asked by Brandon and Issac NOT to post that.  The three I posted were specifically okayed things.  I'm not sure if they changed their mind or what, but I'd check with them to make sure it's okay to have that up.
Brandon okayed that one.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

JustinCarmony

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
whew, scared me. :P

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
Okay.  I wasn't trying to be a brat about it, I promise.  I had just been told not to post it, so I was worried that he didn't want it to be seen still.  Sorry Jason if I came off as a brat about it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
I'm just glad it's been given to us as a sneak peek.

If the system of showing the gist and central character of the chapter holds true it'll be a boon to me in indexing and finding scenes and quotations (something I struggle with in WoT, even with chapter icons, because the icons are imprecise). 
I feel that a system of this nature is essential to an epic more than five or six books in length (although Mistborn's quotations effectively helped me mentally index the three book span) as mental prompts.

JustinCarmony

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54:27 AM »
Eggnog, you're fine. :) I'm glad that everyone at the signing was respectful enough to ask before posting, since that allows Brandon to trust us more and feel more safe showing us stuff. I have to say, I'm impressed with all the Brandon Sanderson fans. :)

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »
Go us!  ;D

Trust us enough to release a free digital copy of WoK right now?

Heh.. because i'll be buying it no matter what. It has to sit next to my Mistborn hardcovers, Elantris hardcover & Warbreaker hardcover..

Recruit of the Omegas.