Author Topic: MAGICAL SUPER Alcatraz quoting / butt kicking thread OF DOOM!!!  (Read 1813 times)

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Jingle bells, Batman Smells...
    • View Profile
MAGICAL SUPER Alcatraz quoting / butt kicking thread OF DOOM!!!
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »
It needed to be started.. So here we go.

I am a fish.

No, really I am. I have fins, a tail, scales. I swim about, doing fishy things. This isn't a metaphor or a joke, but a real and honest fact. I am a fish.

More on this later.
¿snoıɹǝs os ʎɥʍ 'ʎllɐǝɹ 'ou no, really, why so serious?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: MAGICAL SUPER Alcatraz quoting / butt kicking thread OF DOOM!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:36:07 AM »
Mr. J of the A team, I wish you look.

Chris, you had better pray that Bastille doesn't pop back up.  Otherwise, you both will very quickly lose this contest of yours.  (And, would someone please explain the rules for those of us who don't get it?)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
The Challenge:
HAHAHA. i must officially congratulate you for being the first person i know to take up the Alcatraz conversation challenge  :)

Start a thread, I'll kick your butt.

The Rules: TBD as we go. For time being, butt kicking is only allowed by directly quoting the books.

Mr. J of the A team, I wish youlook.
Luck?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
Yes.  It's late, and I haven't been typing so well.  (my finger is hurt *pout*)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
I sorry for your finger. Let the Alcatraz based madness begin!

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
I think it would be better if you were using Alcatraz quotes in an established conversation of some sort, but not with the awkward "Hey look, I'm quoting Alcatraz" part.  Make it work in the conversation.  Ah, that level of finesse would show one's mastery of the matter, would it not?
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »

Hangook Mal Malha GiMa Ship Shio.

Expectations.  They are amount the most important things in all of existence.  (Which is amusing because, being abstract concepts, you could argue that they don't even "exist" at all.)

Everything we do, everything we experience, and everything we say is clouded by our expectations.  We go to school or work in the mornings because we expect that it will be rewarding.  (Or, at least, we expect that if we don't we'll get in trouble.)

We build friendships based on expectations.  We expect our friends to act in a certain way, and then we act as they expect us to.  Indeed, the very fact that we get up in the mornings shows that we expect the sun to rise, the world to keep spinning, and our shoes to fit., just like they all did the day before.

People have real trouble when you upset their expectations.  For instance, you likely didn't expect me to begin this post writing in Korean.  Though after the bunny-bazooka story, one begins to wonder how you can possibly maintain any expectations about me at all.

And that, my friend is the point.

You probably started this thread expecting to win.  I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you will not win.  Actually, I'm not sorry, because I am a terrible person.

@Mi'ch - I think I'd give her a good run, but I'm sure she would still win.ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。