Author Topic: Avatar Requirements  (Read 7145 times)

Argent

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
As I was registering just a few days ago, I tried uploading an avatar for myself.  You can find the image here. However the forums consistently refuse to acknowledge that I have an avatar!

Now, I assume there is something wrong with it, and I am just not getting an error message. Perhaps the dimensions are off? Or its size is too big, kb-wise? Would it be possible to either note somewhere, or make sure an error message appears, when somebody tries to use an avatar that doesn't fit the requirements?

And while we are on it - what are the requirements?
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Avatar Requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »
are you using a direct link to the image, and not a webpage? for example, that above specific image would have to use this:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9675/twgtirion.jpg

because that's a direct link to the image, your link is to a webpage that CONTAINS the image.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
Wierd... I used what Imageshack labeled as "Direct URL" the first few times I tried it. Your link works though.

The suggestion remains though :)
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
Wierd... I used what Imageshack labeled as "Direct URL" the first few times I tried it. Your link works though.

The suggestion remains though :)

huh. That's weird. usually those direct link things on image sites like those are as specified, maybe they're lying to you, though. :P

just off hand, my guess on the requirements would probably be .jpg, .gif, or .png photos only, and if i had to hazard a guess on size, it would probably have to be smaller than 100X100

Note that these are just my guesses.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Displayed size is 65x65, almost any size is accepted. Kaz's avatar is pretty huge. Jade's is like 600X400 or something (which is smaller than huge, but big). I'm just going off memory for that number though.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Зa va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »
So it must have been a bad link on my side, since the image I was uploading was 100x100, give or take 10 px off each side.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 05:26:36 AM »
Yeah, this site is pretty friendly to all sorts of avatars, so long as they're not R  rated.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Hysdaula

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Usher – I Dont Mind ft Juicy J Explict DEinstein91
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
На сайте - http://muxiqejypoma.i-metrics.biz/karen-armstrong-the-case-for-god-pdf-zeke23.html есть Best of Incubus encoded 96kbps Hacked GBA Pokemon Roms Epitaph Stop Look And Listen 1972 Babes 20141202 Kisses of Flame Brandy Smile Eve Angel 720p Free Sound Recorder 1004 A Royal Christmas 2014 480p HDTV x264mSDettv The Maze Runner 2014 BRRip X264 AC3.