Poll

Who should be the new Hero of Ages?

little_wilson
5 (50%)
sortitus
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 02, 2009, 01:09:15 AM

Author Topic: Final Elections for the New Hero of Ages  (Read 23472 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Final Elections for the New Hero of Ages
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2009, 06:33:04 AM »
It's an important prerequisite for being a tyrannical overlord.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
Wow. Not having internet for 6 days results in missing a lot of discussion. And yes, miyabi, this will likely become a yearly event, though it's not for sure. Basically, we plan on impeaching the HoA every October just because we can.

Kaz proposed this one, and I seconded it. We just managed to impeach Chaos, and then we held elections again.

Honestly, it makes a great yearly event.

And if we're getting desperate enough to rely on Chaos and Kaz, the world's in bad shape. Much better to rely on our new Hero(es) of Ages, sort and wilson.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »
I would like to apply to be the HoA's Hoid.
The Job description (as much as I can follow) is this:
  • Pop up in random spots, Being a different character(username) each time, but still having the still pictue (old man)
  • Anything else the HoA deems me worthy to do, such as declaring war on the Church of Kaz

So what do you think?
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »

I back Zas in his run for Hoid!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2009, 07:29:04 AM »
I'm ok with it. As long as Ruin and Preservation, who apparently have other names as well, which they do not want to share with us, are also ok with it, anyway. Not that my opinion even matters anymore, since I'm no longer Hero of Ages.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2009, 08:31:25 AM »
I, as my codename Preservation, am perfectly content with Zas's running for Hoid. In fact, I say he doesn't even have to run. I'm all for his simply getting the title, ironically....Don't ask me why this is ironic. I have no idea. I just felt like using that word. It's a fun word, eh? Ironic?...Anyway. sort may disagree. He's a disagreeable fellow, but I would hope he would chose not to create such discord among our followers, especially when we have Hoid here....Hoid does enough to our brains as it is.

Let us await sort's response to make sure. But know that you have 1/2 a vote...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
Hoid is the possessor of a shard he must prove he holds the shard then he may call himself whatever he wishes... even if it's Swahili and we can never spell it correctly!  ::)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2009, 06:02:50 AM »
Zas is my cousin-in-law; does that disqualify him?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »

Like he married your cousin or he's Karen's cousin? xD

Nah I don't think it does.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
I think it actually qualifies him more than disqualifies him....It puts him at least a little bit closer to the shard-holder (Brandon.....who I suppose in this case we could refer to as Adonalsium...or something), and all the more likely to have a shard himself. Making him more like Hoid. And therefore more qualified to be Hoid....Yes.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »
I think it actually qualifies him more than disqualifies him....It puts him at least a little bit closer to the shard-holder (Brandon.....who I suppose in this case we could refer to as Adonalsium...or something), and all the more likely to have a shard himself. Making him more like Hoid. And therefore more qualified to be Hoid....Yes.

i'm going to have to disagree. And not because your logic is wrong or anything, but mainly because i feel like being disagreeable at the moment.

Take, for example, this perfectly logical counter argument.

Shard, which hoid has, rhymes with bard, which hoid sort of is, because of his storytelling and all. Hoid also rhymes with void, which is what space is. This is because Hoid is all over space like a mo' fo'.

Now space, obviousl rhymes with mace, which women use to protect themselves. Now, this all may be well and good, and if we left it at this, zas would be prefectly qualified, however, we haven't yet considered that a mace can ALSO be a type of weapon! That's right! Look it up!

Obviously, a weapon can be used to harm and kille people. People also kind of rhymes with feeble, which clearly, IN NO WAY, rhymes with Zas.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the offense rests its case.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2009, 01:15:15 AM »
Plus he has a three letter name like me AND THAT DOES DISQUALIFY him.... unless you want another tyrant when you already have chaos and me....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:31 AM »
Not a tyrant. Just an annoying little storyteller/beggar/informant/Terrisman/anything else I want  ;)

(and Karen's cousin, just to be clear)

Oh! and Feeble rhymes with Evil, which backwards is Live, which rhymes with give, which describes Santa, who gives presents to the masses, and mass rhymes with Zas!  ( I know it's a stretch, but hey! who said Hoid has to be concise. In fact I think, if anything, Hoid has a responsibility to be long-winded)
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:38 AM »
Well if we're going entirely on long-windedness, Chaos should probably be Hoid. Not that we want to open that can of worms up again....

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:30 AM »
Well if we're going entirely on long-windedness, Chaos should probably be Hoid. Not that we want to open that can of worms up again....

No, let's not open that can of worms. I'm not in a worm-eating mood....More like a fudge-eating mood, and worms would just kill that craving....

So is it final? Is Zas Hoid? I vote yes, and since I am a co-Hero of Ages, my vote counts as...a lot. Like 200. Or something big....Yes. So unless sort disagrees with me, Zas is officially the unofficial Hoid. :P