2 (9.1%)
spelling?
8 (36.4%)
nicknames?
4 (18.2%)
other users?
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: All Things Username  (Read 10381 times)

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Username
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »
The username I use here and everywhere else was created by myself. It's in reference to the feeling you get after being awake for an unhealthy amount of time. You know that your mind just isn't right and you begin to bable about nonsense but it just doesn't matter. I created the name after me and a buddy of mine stayed up for 56 hours straight. Not a record by any means but I could literally sense my sanity beginning to slip but I was Comfortable in my Madness.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »
Also: Don't frogs change their gender if the conditions are right and it's needed or something? That would honestly be kinda cool to be able to do that. Every morning be like "Hmmm....do i wanna be a guy or girl today...?"
I've heard that before.... I think it was on Jurassic Park. I don't know if it is true though....

Honestly, on the internet, I just go with the basic assumption everyone is male until told otherwise, as there's supposedly more men using the internet than women
Interesting....

I don't know why they assume a frog is a boy. But I haven't been here terribly long and it has happened a few times. Usually I just ignore it though and revel in my top secret identity. :P

Edit: According to this article, african reed frogs can change gender, but usually from female to male. And apparently some shrimp, orchids, and tropical fish do it too....
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1200/is_n9_v137/ai_8784789/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:55:05 PM by Frog »
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
Having never read Alcatraz, I assumed that Bastille was a reference to the place. As in Bastille Day. Then I read all of these strange things not quite referencing either the place or the user, and realized that something fishy was going on. The spoiler thread gave you away.

My cover is blown!!
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »
Also: Don't frogs change their gender if the conditions are right and it's needed or something? That would honestly be kinda cool to be able to do that. Every morning be like "Hmmm....do i wanna be a guy or girl today...?"
I've heard that before.... I think it was on Jurassic Park. I don't know if it is true though....

That is EXACTLY where I heard it from. I figured the book would be right about that African frog....

As for other usernames. I only have 2 others.

ktiger13--my first creation. Taken from the first initial of my first name, my favorite animal, and my favorite number...

lord_otter--my newest creation. If anyone's ever heard of the color personality test, the last time I took it, I was predominantly yellow (motivated by fun). Well, one of my friends knows of another similar personality test, only this one isn't color. It's animals. Results are Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever, and Beaver. Apparently otter corresponds with yellow on the color, so my friend told me I was an otter....And I attached 'Lord' to it simply because 'lord otter" sounds so much cooler than "lady otter."
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 12:45:33 AM »
Ah, Ee, I just realized that it wasn't the Pie VS Cake debate, but another thread that was active at the time. On some sites (most non girly-topic forums) I assume that most users are male, but on a literature-related forum I expect a fairly close split.

Yeah, the frog thing was a joke of sorts because they can change genders. I have a frog colony in my back yard, and some days you pick up David and he's Dana and other days you pick up Rachael and she's Robert.

In personality tests, I get a fairly even split in the three colors (but blue usually comes in first by a little bit). My white is off the charts in the negatives. I hate white people.

CM, the feeling of being awake two or more days is so awful. I don't know why I do it.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »
My name is the same i use on Guild Wars and i comes from a Dragonlance book i read in 5th grade...Kaz is a big minatour and his family was full of gladiator champions so there :P
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
Just gonna list a couple off here and be aware that most of these are gamer names.

Paranoia- I thought I was cool and that I was so good that I caused Paranoia in others who played against me. Unfortunately it proved to be untrue.
Blitzchlag- Given to me from one of my old friends, means lightningbolt in German to the best of my knowledge
CrazyLlama- Attempt at being creative

For the last few years I have used GreenMonsta for everything. Sometimes with numbers sometimes without. Seems easy and lets some people know where I'm from with out asking (only if they are baseball fans). I like to support the team and everything (in this case the Red Sox). Its kind of a Boston pride thing. May seem stupid but its good enough for me.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »
Go Rangers!!!! and were right on your cheeks!!!!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz