Author Topic: Please Save Paul  (Read 27105 times)

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
Re: Please Save Paul
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2004, 03:21:07 PM »
Yes, Ms. Fish is *definitely* not Old One.  Old one lives in Wymount, in the next quad over from me.  I promise. As a matter of fact, Old One's four-year-old calls me "the Mighty Princess."  I love Old One's four-year-old! :)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2004, 03:21:52 PM »
Typo.  I mean't to say "I HAVEN'T lied to a single one of you yet."  Otherwise, why would I structure the sentence that way?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2004, 03:22:43 PM »
yeah, if I was, JP would have me running from lab to lab so we can establish which lab has which IP block so we can narrow down her patterns and directions on campus.

Even if EUOL hasn't responded lately, it at least amuses two geeks on the forum. Although, one is a non-member in Australia and the other is married, so neither presents potential dating possibilities.

And see, that still means something's "fishy" about the whole affair, girls. If she doesn't have time for midnight raids, then why is Old One posting at 11:30 PM from an IP address that is used by Ms. Fish later? OO either had Ms. Fish over today, or was off at a computer lab (the Wymount one not being open that late) at that hour, leaving her available to run around at that hour. The latter leaves a whole in the "not able to run around" story Fuzzy gave, the previous proving a closer connection.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2004, 03:23:24 PM »
Dating possibilities?  What do you take me for?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2004, 03:24:03 PM »
A typical BYU co-ed, apparently.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2004, 03:26:28 PM »
I take you for someone flirting with Brandon Sanderson, that is all. You've later demonstrated yourself to be a BYU student and a bit of an odd fish.

None of which is bad. We just like prying into secrets. It's the latent hacker in us.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2004, 03:34:37 PM »
Are you calling me a typical BYU coed--or just saying that's what they take me for?  I've never considered myself typical...

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2004, 03:37:05 PM »
no one ever considers themselves typical.

Most people consider themselves beyond the experience of other people. Most people are wrong in that, but it doesnt' mean they aren't atypical.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2004, 03:38:26 PM »
true that

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »
I was just saying that one of the only things he knows about you is that you're a female BYU student, and as a former BYU student, he knows that weird things like this- when done by most BYU co-eds- are attempts to ask someone on a date.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »
The lame thing about BYU is that you can't have any fun without people thinking you're hitting on them.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2004, 03:43:22 PM »
But at least they usually don't think you're a psychotic serial killer or something, right? :)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2004, 03:46:55 PM »
Yeah, I suppose I'd rather be typed as desperate than deranged.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2004, 03:50:45 PM »
no one said desperate either. THough "low self esteem" rises to mind now :)

I'm sorry, but it *is* flirtatious. Maybe it's not seriously trying to start a relationship, but flirtatious, it definitely is.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2004, 03:52:49 PM »
Haha.  Fair enough. ;D