Author Topic: Mistborn Movie  (Read 4654 times)

flyleaffan

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Movie
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Mistborn was actually the first book/series I read that I would not like to be made into a movie. I love the book just the way it is. I think the zinc and brass burning is too complex to be shown on screen. The description of rioting fear and soothing away calmness, satisfaction, etc. is just not able to be done on screen, in my opinion.

One movie that did this well, however, and a good example of what might be involved in BS's futuristic Mistborn trilogy is Push.

JakobLayn

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Movie
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 06:26:46 AM »
Little Wilson i know exactly how you feel about the The Dark is Rising sequence. I read all the books and when the previews came out i was stoked but when i watched the movie Sorta i fell asleep halfway through i shouted LAME in the audience. Another book turned movie was Eragon what a piece of blech i mean the razac were okay but the urgals , i thought were gonna be more ork like rather than big stupid men and the dwarves werent even short and the elves ears werent pointed, sorry almost done... and the way that Saphira grew in like 30 seconds thats was so not cool. If the mistborn movie turns out crud i hope Brandon sues. however if it turns out great like LotR trilogy i'll do my best that the rest of the trilogy comes out so im all for a movie, tv-series but i think that Brandon should have his most avid readers help with making the story true, without being to long of course. ;)
The fear to explore the unknowns in life is to deny yourself all the joys and happiness as well