Author Topic: Spook's Eastern Slang  (Read 5033 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Spook's Eastern Slang
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 05:58:01 PM »
Unless the stupid moment is video on the internet and you are famous...then it ends up on popular media and you are screwed ::)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

JLVin

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:43:52 PM »
second instance of spook speak

"Lestibournes."

"Not of the yetting yet."

first is his name, second means- not yet, or I don't have a nickname yet.

Third instance

"Wasing the place when I was young."

-I lived there when I was young, or something similar.

Valkyn:

1. Maybe Spook is saying something like - Not of the Getting yet.

3. WasinG the place I was born. (He's speaking about the Eastern slang. I know that when people have speaking issues the G sound comes out a lot like a Y. Hope that helps, and of course I'll be pouring over Brandon's annotations.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 01:22:08 AM »
Wasing of the speaking with the man who is with knowing, giving of the knowing with the fans who were being.  Will the teaching of the knowing with people who the knowing seek.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 02:41:22 AM »
Let's see if I can decipher that: "I spoke with the man who knows (Sanderson, I presume), and he told me how it works.  I'll teach it to people who ask."  Correct?  If so, please start teaching.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 02:53:39 AM »
Yeah, basically.  I went to the signing today and asked him to teach me, and he did.

When you break it down, eastern slang (or, as I usually call it, easternese) all that usually matters is the beginning and the end.  It has a focus on possive, and then you add a ton of stuff to it so you confuse someone who's listening in.

So, "I have the book" is "having of the book with the knew of be." or whatever you want to add.  So all you need is "having of the book".  (You could also say "having of the knowing with the be the book".  Then you just need the beginning and the end).

He also said you can throw nonsense words in there or whatever you want to try and confuse people.

The final thing I really remember was he thought of it as a living thing: so as spook's age group grows out of it the new kids might change things as they feel the need (so, while me might all use "ing" the next age group might use all of "ed".)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Mennis

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
Spook's slang also shows up in one line of Quentin's babbling on page 248 of Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians.

Interesting place to find it.

Randomness

• Level 2
  • Lover of checkered Vans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 12:55:55 AM »
Spook's eastern slang makes my brain explode just trying to figuire out what he's saying, although it is quite entertaining at the same time  :D
thank goodness for sharpie's