Author Topic: Warbreaker Wikipedia page?  (Read 2360 times)

necronos

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Warbreaker Wikipedia page?
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:45:16 AM »
I just noticed that Warbreaker does not have a Wikipedia page yet. Who is up for creating one and adding content and stuff?

#EDIT#

I started a page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warbreaker
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:17:04 AM by necronos »
jeremy208: #FakeKings Wow, the world's first fantasy novel written in 3-D!. The words literally jump off the page. The fight scenes gave me bruises. Ow!

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: Warbreaker Wikipedia page?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 04:24:13 AM »
Just a note- this article is already tagged for notability. Reviews, especially from notable  newspapers, might be a good idea if you don't want it to be deleted.

necronos

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:06 AM »
It will take a few days before it will get deleted, in the meanwhile I hope that everyone reading this will hop on over to wikipedia and start editting the page.

Thanks everyone!
jeremy208: #FakeKings Wow, the world's first fantasy novel written in 3-D!. The words literally jump off the page. The fight scenes gave me bruises. Ow!

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:36:30 AM »
*nod* I'd save any work you do though if you can't find any reviews within the next week or so. There are three notability criteria for books that modern authors are likely to meet:

• Reviewed by many notable and verifiable sources.
  • Won a major award.
  • Their book was adapted into a film that is notable enough to make the book notable.

Sorry I can't help out, but I don't have the time to be checking sources, (nor am I likely to find anywhere reviewing Warbreaker as I don't believe it's releasing in New Zealand for a while :) ) wheras writing forum posts is easy and a nice break from plotting books and building databases. :)

necronos

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:42:02 AM »
I've added some more references to the wiki page, all of reviews that I found. Hopefully that will stave off deletion for a few days.

I'll get started on the plot summary and an overview of the magic system soon. I've never made a page about a book before so I don't know what I can, can't, and shouldn't do. I'm using the page already made about Elantris and the Mistborn series as a guide. I'd like to add some info that can be found in Ars Arcanum about Heightenings, but I don't want to get in trouble with copyrights and such.

If anyone with more knowledge on this can help out or just give me some answers, that would be greatly appreciated.

The pages on Mistborn have been so much fun to read though, especially when I hadn't read any of Brandons work. I'd like to get a halfway decent page on Warbreaker on wikipedia just so none of his books/worlds get left out.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 05:01:23 AM »
Well i just went to the page and did not see a tag for notability on it anywhere.  You may have already staved off deletion.  The one review that was posted seemed to be wishy washy.  It was a bad magic system but I liked the rules is what I got out of it.   

I am sure as this page grows it will get better data.  I think we need to find another review for it as well though. 

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
I finished Warbreaker literally minutes ago, and am itching to do something...this might be it.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »
Guys, this thread is a year old and was resurrected by a signature spam bot. Stop commenting.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
oh dear, so it is. What have I DONE?!

...that's the last one, I promise.