Author Topic: Any Roleplaying groups out there?  (Read 4728 times)

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Any Roleplaying groups out there?
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:50:19 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get a RPG group going for a while now, but haven't had much luck.

I have a couple of friends who want to get a group going but we could probably use one or two more. Anyone out there want to join us for some roleplaying? We'll be playing GURPS. But if you've never played before that's fine.

We're still trying to figure out where we'll be playing at, right now its looking like one of the players houses (but its kinda small) so if you can host too, even better!

I'd also be interested in joining any groups out there if you have room for one more.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Any Roleplaying groups out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »
Would probably help if you said where.

Utah Valley?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:34 PM »
LOL, ya, that would probably help.

But yes, Utah Valley or Salt Lake City. I don't mind driving, but most of the guys I do know that might want to play live down in Provo/Orem.

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
So I was born and raised in SLC and was actually kicked out of my house when I was 17 for playing D&D...  Why is it that after I move away (In Silicon Valley, CA now) I find all these writers/gamers from Salt Lake?
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »
LOL, Utah has to be the Roleplaying capitol of the world, how could you not find D&D players . . . in UTAH!

I am convinced that there is a higher concentration of roleplayers here then anywhere else in the world.

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
I was up in the Holiday area and spent most of my free times in the canyons.  I did have two groups that I played with, but they fell apart before I left the area at 22.  My parents now live down in Alpine, and I'm wondering if that's the place to be.  I'm in a (somewhat boring) D&D 3.0 campaign now.  Anyone in Silicon Valley area want to start something?  Anyone?
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

lethalfalcon

• Level 5
  • Why won't insomnia leave me alone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
If Utah is the roleplaying capital of the world, could they at least spread out a bit? I'm up in Logan, and it seems like there are very few ROLEplayers up here. Quite a few ROLLplayers, but the dice should not save you from everything. If you can't at least try to persuade the DM/GM in a situation, you need to go back to the drawing board. Maybe the higher elevation chokes off creativity... hrm, that would certainly explain my writer's block.

That said, I'm looking for more willing souls. D&D 3.5 (I won't touch 4.0), d20 modern, d6 Star Wars (won't touch d20 Star Wars, either), and the Everquest system (which is interesting, if a bit overpowered at times) are all played at my house.
I don't have good days. I have great days, where I'm a magician ridding the world of all evil, or at least everything I don't like. And then I wake up, and it's back to work for me.

Kenthor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »
Hey I know this is a bit late.  But I am looking for a group that meets more than once a month.  I was hoping for a combination of D&D 3.5 and SWRPG.