Author Topic: Ow!  (Read 2448 times)

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
Ow!
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:46:59 AM »
I hurt.  I guess I slept wrong last night, because I haven't been able to turn my head to the right all day without excruciating pain.  Ow, ow, ow. Ice packs don't help that much, and neither do pain relievers.  

Any suggestions on how to get my neck to stop trying to murder me with daggers to the brain everytime I move?

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: Ow!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 01:52:13 AM »
A chiropractor, perhaps? Unfortunately it's expensive and usually requires multiple treatments.

First that evil sore throat and now this.  I'm sorry the painkillers and ice aren't helping. My only other suggestion would be to try a heating pad. Maybe one of those Icy-Hot patches. Get better soon,  okay Brenna?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 02:52:08 AM »
are chiropractors really that expensive? we used to go to one that charged $15

when my neck gets bad like that I just try to sleep on it better the next night and it usually gets better
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 03:06:45 AM »
I've had that happen several times before, just move you neck a bit every once and a while even though it hurts and that will loosen the muscels.  It's called, ironicly enough, sleeping on x wrong and your muscles are just realy tight becasue of it.  A massage or two a day will help too.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 10:28:11 AM »
I've had that happen too, I prefer the heat pad method, plus taking some time to relax and stretch my neck muscles.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 11:33:19 AM »
are chiropractors really that expensive? we used to go to one that charged $15

when my neck gets bad like that I just try to sleep on it better the next night and it usually gets better

The chiropractor in our town was our home teacher of 15+ years.  Too bad no one in my family had back problems, eh?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 04:03:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. They are appreciated.

I finally couldn't stand the pain any more, so Chris took me to a doctor (which is rather expensive when you don't have any health insurance whatsoever...) where I was given a prescription for a muscle relaxant.  Yay! (also, hurray for generic brands that are affordable!).

I still hurt (the medicine hasn't kicked in yet), but I should be able to function again in the near future.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »
yeah, that's what I'm goin' on with. I've been suffering intermittant back pain for months now (probably due to my weight). I get migraines that I believe are due to tension in my neck and shoulders. A huge dose of ibuprofin and my muscle relaxant are pretty much what it takes to kill them all off.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 05:02:39 PM »
I pulled a muscle in my back about two weeks ago--not consistant pain, just sharp protests when I tried to move a certain way, especially if I was holding Mathias. Stretches do wonders. Often when you injure something the muscles around it tense up around it for protection, and stretching can help things get back to normal.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 08:56:38 PM »
 neck thingy happenned to me a month ago, I just did that thing where you crack your neck, it was a split second of excruciating pain but at least it was loose enough that I could move it for the rest of the day
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 02:37:05 AM »
I would definitely go to chiropractors before doctors for back or neck pain.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!