Author Topic: A Confession  (Read 1304 times)

mccullough

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
A Confession
« on: June 10, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
I have a confession to make. A light hearted one to be sure. EUOL twittered that he will not sign Wheel of Time books that he did not write, which I wholeheartedly agree with. They are not his books and to paraphrase, it would be presumptuous to sign books by another author.

On to my confession. Last night after my book was signed I walked by the information desk behind the signing area. A gentleman approached the employee and the conversation went something like this:

Gentleman:(pulling out a copy of The Shadow Rising) Is this author signing tonight?

Employee: Well no, the author they have arranged to finish the series is signing tonight.

Gentleman: My son told me to get this book signed. Where do I get it signed?

Employee: The line starts over there.Points to the 'end of line' sign

At this point I probably should have jumped in and mentioned that authors usually don't like to sign books by other authors, but I didn't. So, I could have helped avoid one extracurricular signing request but I did not, and I apologize.

:) :)

P.S. Ookla, were you aware of many WoT fans trying to get Mr. Jordan's books signed? Or were they relatively few?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: A Confession
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:18:30 AM »
I only saw one who got to Brandon. I think Brandon signed a post-it note to stick in the book, or something like that.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!