Author Topic: So who's going to Conduit?  (Read 1384 times)

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
So who's going to Conduit?
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:20:33 AM »
So, Conduit starts tomorrow (I've been waiting for it all year). I'm going, anyone else?

Any advice for a first time Conduit goer? The only other convention I've been to is Comic Con, and I'm thinking this will be nothing like that.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: So who's going to Conduit?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
I'll be driving up to Utah tomorrow.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
After Comic Con in San Diego, anything else in the U.S. is rinkydink. I've never been to Conduit but will be there tomorrow. It looks quite small.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »
After Comic Con in San Diego, anything else in the U.S. is rinkydink. I've never been to Conduit but will be there tomorrow. It looks quite small.

LOL, ya. I actually used to work for the Marriott Hotel right next to the Convention center for Comic Con as their systems admin. Comic Con fills up all of San Diego. Every hotel from downtown to past Del Mar is booked.

I generally don't like going to these things alone, but the person I was going to go with bailed on me at the last min.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
I'm planning on going for the Saturday stuff.  Last year it was pretty small, but I had a good time and was able to learn a few things.  Not to mention the fact that it's local.  :)  So, worth it to go, even if it isn't a whopper like most of the other cons.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.