Author Topic: VLDS Will you read submissions containing this content.  (Read 3255 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: VLDS Will you read submissions containing this content.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:21:34 AM »
That's awesome news, Karl. I was wondering if you just abandoned us or something ;). Haha. Good news about the soon-to-be engagement, though! That's always exciting.

Good to have you back, man.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:14 AM »
Congrats Karl!

Fortunately, I still have your entire script sitting in my inbox somewhere (*tries not to look guilty*) so I can still read it. :P

I've also been wanting to clean up some of the pinned topics; just been too swamped to get around to it. I think we have too many pinned topics, and they become sorta pointless.

What I want to do is in one of the pinned threads include some sort of "other potentially useful/funny/somehow supposedly relevant threads" list. This is one of those threads that I'd see going in said list.

I think the tag and beware system works pretty well, but if people want to use this thread as a sounding board I can see how that has its uses too. *shrug*

Writerainge

• Level 2
  • Women who behave rarely make history. ~ Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm very comfortable with reading all kinds of language, sex, and/or (most especially) violence.  I think that they are an intregal part of life and, when it comes down to it, we read for the drama, escape, and entertainment value, don't we?  As long as I come away edified by the story I'm pretty comfortable with about everything.  That isn't to say, that slipping something of the like in to your story where it doesn't belong just for shock value or whatever is a good idea.  In my opinion, it cheapens the experience.  On the other hand, leaving something real and important out because you're afraid of it?  Doesn't make any sense to me.  I think people need to do more exploring of the darker or more primal part of human nature... Its a brave thing to do.   ;D  I will make sure to stalwartly use the LSVD codes as to not offend anyones more tender sensabilities... I am here to make friends after all.
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness. ~Dali Lama

SomeHackWriter

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Join Hack on MySpace!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »
I don't offend easily.  I will read anything.  However, I do try to limit extremely explicit stuff in my own work.  That is my personal preference.