Author Topic: Munchkin?  (Read 4873 times)

readerMom

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
Munchkin?
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:00:15 AM »
I know it is not quite the same as a collectible game, but I was wondering if anyone has opinions as to the best sets of Munchkin?  I've promised my son I will buy another set of cards but I don't know if I want to be boring and just go in order, or if there are some that are much better than others?
My son with Asperger's has really fixated on this game and it is nice that we can all enjoy it together, instead of listening to him rant about a single player game on the computer.
Also places to buy the game in Salt Lake or Las Vegas?  I am going to LV in a couple of weeks and we always end up in SL sooner or later.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Munchkin?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »
Amazon?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Try going to boardgamerevolution.com

They have online pricing which is pretty cheap, or they have 2 locations here in Utah that have good prices in store.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »
My girlfriend really likes these games, but i know overall she likes "The good, the bad, and the munchkin" and "call of cow-thullhu" best, though i personally have no opinion on them, having never actually played the game at all.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
I always liked the Cthulhu ones the best but you probably need to be at least a little familiar with them to get the jokes. Hastur games and hobbies is a good place to pick them up.

http://www.hasturhobbies.com/
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »
I was being cheap and looking for an actual store because i hate shipping charges. Since I live in a very small town I buy stuff whenever I go to a place with more than 1 1/2 grocery stores.
My boys want the Cow-thulu one. They are actually excited enough about it they are willing to earn the money for more games.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »
Amazon has free shipping if you buy $25 worth of stuff.  If I need something from Amazon that's less than this, I'll frequently throw in a book I've been wanting (as their book prices are generally rather good).
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
yup, i do the same thing. cheaper prices + no shipping + no tax = win.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/