Author Topic: The Way of Kings : pre-release  (Read 36021 times)

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Way of Kings : pre-release
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »
I hope we don't get too much concept art. Gotta hate when the picture in your head isn't what the author imagined or his slave artists imagined. I much prefer to be surprised that my images of characters/settings are wrong AFTER I have read the book, rather then be forced to picture it the artists way.

??? I think I confused myself again  ???
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
I don't know who's seen what or when, but Isaac's work looks tight as hell, doesn't it? I really dig the symbols.

Anyone can follow my regular work, such as it is, through DeviantArt. I try to post at least something every couple weeks. Lately I've been working on a graphic novel for Humouring the Fates, the production studio through which I contract as an animator/designer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
I love the designs!  They're so intricate.  And to think he pulled the "language" AFTER, not the other way around.  (I couldn't do it.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

JustinCarmony

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »
One thing I remember them mentioning at the signing recently is that with the art for KINGS, their goal is to help convey concepts and help paint the picture, but to have a clear goal of not showing any of the characters and such, since those are things that the reader should picture in their mind.

The example he gave was if on a page they mention a particular painting or scroll that is important to the story, on the subsequent page his goal is to have a picture of said object.

It all sounds pretty awesome to me. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2009, 04:25:57 AM »

For those of you who didn't see, there will be a teaser for WoK in the back of the WB paper back which comes out the end of March.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2009, 04:52:30 AM »
Brandon has read the first half of the prologue at several signings throughout this year. I'm not sure he's read the second half. But the whole thing will be in the back of Warbreaker. (Though he may also be adding an earlier prologue in the final book.) Most people who have read it say it is kickawesome.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2009, 05:28:59 AM »

Is the earlier one the one with Szeth?  If so I would be inclined to agree.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2009, 07:20:56 AM »
The one he's been reading, and the one in the back of Warbreaker, is the one with Szeth.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »
i assume ur talking about the warbreaker paperback right? when is that scheduled to come out anyways?
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
But the whole thing will be in the back of Warbreaker.
which comes out the end of March.

;D

Recruit of the Omegas.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »
Brandon has read the first half of the prologue at several signings throughout this year. I'm not sure he's read the second half. But the whole thing will be in the back of Warbreaker. (Though he may also be adding an earlier prologue in the final book.) Most people who have read it say it is kickawesome.

Yes.  It is kickawesome.  The Szeth sections are some of the best in the novel.  You will all see.  I'm done teasing...for now.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »

Yes.  It is kickawesome.  The Szeth sections are some of the best in the novel.  You will all see.  I'm done teasing...for now.

Who is Szeth.. give me more info. I DESIRE IT!

Recruit of the Omegas.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »

A character, who can do really aweome stuff.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »

Like.. how awesome? Meh.. August is too far away.

Recruit of the Omegas.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »

Like.. how awesome?

Awesomely awesome, obviously.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.