Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 114959 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #720 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
That's why being a contractor is cool, they have to pay you more to give you crap jobs! :)

Yeah, i wish. Unfortunately the "crap jobs" here become "eerongal jobs" generally.  :(
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #721 on: January 17, 2010, 04:55:26 AM »
Application deadlines everywhere!

Grad schools: UVic by Jan 29th, UBC by Jan 31st, UofC by February 1st.

Application deadline for hopeful Komasket performers: also February 1st.

Argh.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #722 on: January 17, 2010, 09:11:12 PM »
Got back home from school in Dec. Had a job lined up, to bring in money to pay for my last two semesters of school, which I had planned to finish this coming December. My plans have been screwed up because of an employee my boss re-hired. The girl asked for a month's vacation, and then never returned and didn't give any warning for her lack of return. She didn't come back for six months, but since she's a good friend to the boss and she got fired from the job she got when she returned, my boss gave her the chance to make some money in the interim, until she gets a new job.

The problem is, when the girl is making over 300 in two weeks at a minimum wage job, that's hardly motivation to find a new job. So all the hours I should have had when I got back from school are going to a girl who should be temporary, but is making no effort to be temporary, and the boss is extremely unlikely to fire her. Oh, and she uses the work phone to make personal calls that last over an hour. But the boss doesn't care about that, because she spends hours on the clock on her numerous smoking breaks....

Needless to say, I'm looking for a new job. Which is hard, considering the economy and school, and the lack of skills that I have, since I really don't want to stay in the fast food industry. Yet, I can't stay working here. And because I won't get hired somewhere if I'm leaving in April for school, I have to defer a semester, which sets my grad date back another year. Ugh.

Sure, I'll be making money, but still. I just want to be done with school.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #723 on: January 17, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »
Have you considered trying to get a job on campus?

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #724 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »
Heh. That would be a fine idea, if I went to a different school. The only way to get a job on campus is to have connections, and know about the job before it even comes available. I attempted it a couple semesters ago and failed miserably....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #725 on: January 22, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
That's unfortunate. :/

I feel very lucky now about my campus job, even if I won't be getting any hours until February...

Segue into grumpiness.

I have no idea how I'm going to pay the bills for the next few weeks. Between tuition, gas and grad school applications, and the fact that, uh, I don't get any hours at teh writing center until February... It's going to be. Um. Tight.

Unrelated grumpiness: This headache has been following me around since Monday morning. I would rather like it to go away now.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #726 on: February 21, 2010, 01:46:10 AM »
Since the last post here was almost a month ago, does that mean I'm allowed to double post?

Becaues I would just like to state, for the record, that this essay is turning out to be a structural mess. And I'm waffling on how to fix it.

Grrr.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 21, 2010, 02:13:45 AM »

Waffling?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #728 on: February 21, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »
Yes. I'm indecisive. Can't decide the best way to do it.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 21, 2010, 05:24:29 AM »

I've never heard the word "waffling" used before. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 21, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »

I write a paper for PRO102, have three people one being an English major read over it and critique it.  I rewrite it three times and my stupid PRO102 teacher gives me a D on it! 

EDIT::  This was the first time I have EVER gotten something less than an A on a paper.  Well once I got an F but after talking to three other teachers and talking with the principal the teacher was forced to change it to an A.

Then I spend an hour maybe two on a paper that's twice as long.  Write it, then take one read through/correcting of it and turn it in to my ENG101 teacher and get an A. . . . . I think my PRO102 teacher just didn't like my topic or something.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2010, 05:42:40 AM »
I got an F on an opinion paper once. I didn't know you could grade someone's opinion like that. Although perhaps my chosen opinion of "I Don't Care" wasn't valid enough for the teacher...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 22, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »

My teacher had flat said "If you write that this is your opinion you will get an 'A', what you wrote isn't right."
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #733 on: February 22, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
I got an F on an opinion paper once. I didn't know you could grade someone's opinion like that. Although perhaps my chosen opinion of "I Don't Care" wasn't valid enough for the teacher...

Also, "I don't care" is not a valid topic for a scholarship essay XD.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 22, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

Also, "I don't care" is not a valid topic for a scholarship essay XD.

Neither are "I Don't Have a Clue", "Don't Ask Me", and "I Still Don't Care". However, "People Are Stupid" got me a quarter-tuition scholarship...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?