Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 114910 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #705 on: January 08, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »
Well atleast you enjoy work, plenty of people don't.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 08, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »
Slept through my alarm and my first two classes this morning. *grumble* Mornings...
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #707 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »
Did that yesterday, but when I sleep in, I have to rush my kids to school.  Of course I'm not the one that gets the dirty looks from the teachers. ;D

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #708 on: January 09, 2010, 12:49:41 AM »
Well atleast you enjoy work, plenty of people don't.

I would not have the work I have now had I not spent a long period of time unemployed.  Perhaps if everyone else moved to cities where the economy is shot they too would come up with creative ways of finding employment which are somewhat enjoyable.

That said, it's not like I'm walking in oodles of money right now.  Most professionals would consider my salary woefully inadequate, though the pay isn't too bad for the amount of time I work.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 09, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »
I'm just ready to do something other than minimum wage crap!!!! I always get a job offer if I get an interview... but the only interviews i get are for McDonald's, Kroger, ect. (I work at Brookstone right now and i have the highest numbers in the store it's alright but the pay sucks). Atleast my bills are limited to toiletries and car insurance :)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 09, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »

Even though I got my car fixed, the power cord for my laptop not doesn't work. D:

* Miyabi cries.

I need to go see about buying a new one, sadly they are usually very expensive.
[/color]
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #711 on: January 11, 2010, 09:53:17 AM »
I lost my phone. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in my house, but as it is on vibrate and the vibrate is not very loud, I cannot find it. It is more than slightly irritating.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
So I decided to wear a purple dress shirt today w/ an awesome brown/ green/ yellow/ purple color tie and I had this awesome line to introduce myself to some cute girl in my 1st class, "Hey I'm Daniel McGary (awesome name i know) and I'm reclaiming purple for the straight guy." and b/c it is so beastly/ humorous it would have been a great line to eventually work out to go get coffee ect. I get everywhere early and was like the 5th person out of 130 to show up and there weren't any cute girls there yet and none decided to sit next to me :(. i knew ppl in my other classes so i didn't get to use it at all. :'(

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 12, 2010, 01:07:07 AM »
People who would rather feign "victimization" than accept a suggestion for what it was. Some moron is going around my neighborhood trying to sell points (which is more or less a donation) or subscriptions, and he tells me it keeps him out of gangs ect. (which looking back on it he was most likely from the suburbs b/c there are wealthier closer suburbs to Dallas than where i live) I suggest he change his sales pitch because it isn't relatable to a rosy cheek suburban person like the people he was asking to donate. He takes this as a personal insult when i was very polite and good intentioned. It makes me wonder why I try.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 12, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
Just got a parking ticket I don't deserve.

At BYU, you're not allowed to park in student lots between 1-5AM, a necessary precaution against students storing their cars in the lots which I wholeheartedly support. However, the faculty lots have no such restriction, and anyone can park in them at night.

Where I work there is a student lot adjacent to a faculty lot. I was working late, and I parked in the faculty lot. I got ticketed for ignoring the 1-5 rule. Sigh. I am SO appealing this.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:35 AM »
Yesterday, at the end of practice, I took a good hit to the side of my right thumb.  It swelled up nicely and went numb.

Tonight the swelling has mostly reduced, but it's now a light shade of blue, and is very sensitive (sore) to the touch, and I can't apply pressure with it.  I suppose I should be grateful I didn't break it.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
Ouch!

Rejection letter today. Woo.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 15, 2010, 07:52:50 PM »
I'm ticked off at apps in facebook that are sending bogus invites. Specifically, School of Wizardry and World War. I've got them both blocked but they keep sending invites from apps with bogus IDs that are impossible to block. I've reported this abuse several times, with no sign that anything is being done.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #718 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
I, solely, have just been give the project to rewrite our software to encompass a client-server architecture. That is, i have to rewrite thousands upon thousands of lines of code to work with MS SQL, as opposed to its native data access.

This will take hundreds, if not potentially thousands of man-hours D:

It's basically a rewriting from the ground up.  :(
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »
That's why being a contractor is cool, they have to pay you more to give you crap jobs! :)