Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 114848 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #645 on: November 03, 2009, 01:31:47 AM »
cold/pneumonia/swine flu/bronchitis/whatever-it-was

You don't know what you have either? I wonder if we have the same thing....

and now I'm coughing and hacking again.

Yep. Sure sounds the same. Lots of hacking. Throw in a splitting headache the first few days and a slight fever and that'll be me spot on.

But if my singing voice is ruined

Heh. I hear you. I can't sing worth anything right now. I can barely even talk....Heck, I couldn't talk this morning. My roommate started talking to me when I walked out into the kitchen, and I went to respond and it was just a croak....Ugh.

About the swine flu, though....I have the same thing as another roommate, and she thinks she has it. I don't think we do. Sure, I've never had it, but it's the flu. I've had the flu before and this aint it. However, I wouldn't mind too terribly if it was. I mean, if I get it, I'll at least be immunized to other strains of it, should it mutate. That's what the influenza virus did in 1918. Those who got influenza in 1916 didn't get sick the second time around....Now is the time to get the Flu of Pigs.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 03, 2009, 04:34:35 AM »
Swine flu = pretty much not that bad at all, unless you get a really serious case of it.

I mean, yeah, it was unpleasant, but honestly, I'd prefer what I had to the regular flu any day.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #647 on: November 03, 2009, 04:53:50 AM »
...I was just talking to a girl I know tonight who had swine flu. There's actually a fairly good chance I do have it, which sucks, because that means I shouldn't go to my classes. But in order to miss them with no penalty, I'll have to go to a doctor to make sure, which will require paying money....which I don't have. Yet if I still go to my classes, there's a chance I could get other people sick (not that I'm coughing on people or anything like that. I'm being sanitary. But there's always a chance...). And that's just not cool.

Did you have a high fever, Andrew? Because I was told by the girl that the two big symptoms are muscle aching and a high fever. And I haven't had either. I had a light fever, but I had a major headache (which she said she had a huge headache too, and that it's another symptom). And I don't get headaches.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 03, 2009, 06:47:56 AM »
I had a high fever, but only after about three days. The first three days were a really bad cold and some minor nausea. The high fever came after the cold left, and at the tail end of the nausea. Then, I developed a gross cough after that.

It's basically a combination of every minor disease you've ever had. It hits everyone a little bit differently, too. I know some people who went the entire time without showing any fever. Some don't have nausea. Everyone I've talked to so far has had a cold, though. Except my seminary teacher. He actually went through it without showing any symptoms at all. He didn't know he'd had it until his wife got it, and the doctor had him tested as a precaution.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #649 on: November 03, 2009, 07:19:54 AM »
No, I don't know what I have. I don't actually think it's swine flu, or anything serious. (Though I was starting to have my doubts after the last cold thing took like a month to go away, so maybe I shouldn't speak so soon.) ::)

Incidentally, conversations like this make me glad I'm Canadian.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #650 on: November 03, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
Selfish people make me grumpy.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 03, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
The inherent nature of man IS selfish!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 03, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »
Wilson, you should make like the Japanese and were a surgical mask to school. That's one bit of Japanese culture I wish would spread...
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #653 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
Wilson, you should make like the Japanese and were a surgical mask to school. That's one bit of Japanese culture I wish would spread...

That actually sounds like fun. But alas, I don't think I'll get the chance. I think whatever I have is breaking. Last night it got worse than what it had been, and I figured that's a good sign. After sleeping about 10 hours or more (remember: I'm sick. Sleep is good.), my cough isn't as bad, my throat is great, but my nose is extremely congested....All good signs.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #654 on: November 03, 2009, 08:30:32 PM »
It's cold enough for a furnace to be on, but we don't have one. I hate building a fire every day. My husband does it most days but I hate being cold every morning.
Dreaming of the day we have the money to put a real furnace in.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #655 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaagyo. I was this close.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »
Elaborate Sort....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #657 on: November 04, 2009, 04:57:21 AM »
More sickness-related griping: I can't sing. Again.

Not. Happy.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #658 on: November 04, 2009, 05:27:37 AM »
It's cold enough for a furnace to be on, but we don't have one. I hate building a fire every day. My husband does it most days but I hate being cold every morning.
Dreaming of the day we have the money to put a real furnace in.

Wow.  That's sad.  At least you have a fireplace that burns wood!  Those are against the building code where I live.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 04, 2009, 05:40:32 AM »
Grumpiness: this lot complains alot :P (& that WASN'T hypocrisy!)

If i use my fire place more than 5 times a year it's proof AGAINST global warming.... Wood goes into smokers where i live ain't that right Inquisitor?

P.S. Pork is the sacred meet of the south