Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 114917 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »
How much do they charge for that?

I have no idea. I was in there last week for almost 2 hours, and the guy put on malware bytes and ran a bunch of tests and stuff, and it was free. I expect to have to pay this time around, but I have no idea how much it'll be...

I actually went in there yesterday to see how it was going. I'd gotten a call telling me they were done backing it up and were going to start the reformat. When I went in there, the guy who is pretty much in charge took a look at it and said that my recovery partition may be corrupted, and if that's the case they're going to need my CD's--which I left at home. Fortunately, my sisters are coming up tomorrow and will bring them. And my dad's sending our Office discs with them as well, so I can be sure to get Office back on it....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 21, 2009, 02:44:23 AM »
So i got a date with a pretty, bright, and even atheltic girl... from 2-5 today, awesome right? Not really, she was the soul of courtesy even laughed, and said she had fun. However, i got the impression i won't get a second date... maybe this is my insecurtity (yes the only thing that can make me insecure is a date) coming through or possibly inexpierence. Miserable feeling in your gut... how is it that a smile can feel worst than a grimace? Hopefully I'm reading this all wrong.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »
I have swine flu. No fun.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 21, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
Don't do anything stupid now...i.e comatose, dieing,ect.

That bites... well what can they do for you since antibiotics are worthless in your scenario? Don't forget to drink lots!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #529 on: September 22, 2009, 01:05:21 AM »
Wow, Andrew. That really sucks.

Ryos--they didn't charge anything. I got it back today (so they had it for almost a week), and it was free. Simply amazing. I love this school. :)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 22, 2009, 02:51:54 AM »
Kaz, I have an antiviral medication that I'm taking that supposedly helps to minimize the effects and helps me get over it quicker. Not sure how that works, but oh well.

I caught it in the fairly early stages, so since they started treating it, it apparently shouldn't be as bad as it could have been otherwise.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 22, 2009, 05:06:33 AM »
House premiere was on but our antenna wasn't picking up Fox. :( :(
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 24, 2009, 04:32:16 AM »
I don't have any cats.  :(  (sorry, just had to say it, once.  I'll be quiet about my lack of fuzzy purr-boxes now...)
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 24, 2009, 04:45:02 AM »
Shouldn't that have gone in the happy thread?

Need to do homework; can't concentrate to save my life; trawling teh intarwebz instead.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 24, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »
Shouldn't that have gone in the happy thread?

Need to do homework; can't concentrate to save my life; trawling teh intarwebz instead.

?  I take it you don't like cats?  But I do, you see, so for me it is... less happy.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 24, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
As my dad always says, "The best cat is a dead cat. Preferably one at least five miles away and buried at least 6 feet under."

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 25, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
*shakes head in pity of all those with no knowledge of the awesomeness and excellence that is cats*

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #537 on: September 25, 2009, 12:51:44 AM »
My brother has two cats. They are cool. My neighbor (at home) has about 5 gazillion. They are not cool. I have a craving (that I would never, ever satisfy, just so you know) to throw one of her devil cats off the bridge. I live near the Snake River Canyon, so that fall would be about 500 feet....

Again, I would NEVER actually do it. It's purely an imaginary thing. My conscious won't let me, even though I was highly entertained (and horrified) when I heard of a guy who threw a cat doused in gasoline off the bridge. It lit on fire.... :o

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 25, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »
It doesn't help that me just being around cats turns my eyes into two red orbs of itchiness.

Well, OK, it *does* help. It means I have an excuse to never, ever own a cat. Yay!
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 25, 2009, 02:05:10 AM »
Ok, I can see how allergies would severely limit anyone's enjoyment of... pretty much anything, really.

And LW... :o  That's... wow.  Hrm.  Although, much as I like cats, I can see how five gazillion would be downright annoying.  And stinky.  But I still want at least one.  *sigh*  Stupid lease...