Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 114920 times)

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #435 on: July 29, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
Little Wilson: Ouch.  Aloe.  Lots and lots of aloe.

Chaos: Well, at least you never have to worry about them again, right?

Grumpy: because it's apparently impossible to get people to step back and look at something reasonably if they've already made up their mind on the subject.
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 29, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
Writing a virtual memory manager. Which is cool. But HARD. Also, it's due today. *whine*
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »
My sun burns just recently went away...got them doing Habitat for Humanities if any of you are familar with it
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »
Always heard of it, never participated.  Bad timing, each and every time. :P  Kinda like white-water rafting.  Every time I make plans to go, something comes up...

Glad the sunburns healed!
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
Little Wilson: Ouch.  Aloe.  Lots and lots of aloe.

I thought about saying that, but I figured that if she had Aloe, she'd already be using it, and if she didn't, saying "Aloe" wouldn't help.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
The logic in that is irrefutable....It humored me...And yes. Aloe definitely would've helped, but...yeah.

The burn's gone for the most part. Still a little irritating but not too bad. It's actually far from the worst I've ever had. I once went to Seven Peaks down in Utah for about 5 or so hours and forgot to put on ANY sunscreen....my back was a solid red, with these little white blisters on it. It was terrible (and I'm laughing right now remembering it...). So yeah....With how much I tend to get burned whenever I'm out in the sun, it's probably a good thing I don't go swimming that much anymore.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 01, 2009, 04:08:01 AM »
5 hours gave you a second degree sunburn....wow... The only way i can get a second degree burn is by neglecting a sunburn and going swimming for the majority of a day or some similar stupidity...it's happened twice. But i tan relatively easily possibly because i'm an 1 16th cherokee and 1 32nd crow so not quite an eighth...but my moms geneology isn't very well known so it could be a bunch of things her family is a bunch of southern farmers 3 generations back going on for like 200 years so i'm not exactly sure but i don't burn except when i first start doing summer stuff and when it fades the start of my tan is left
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2009, 05:34:05 AM »
I think the burn was actually somewhere in between a first degree and second degree burn. It was bad, but the blisters were REALLY small. Yeah, there were a lot, but they were miniscule. And those 5 hours included noon. And it was hot. A good 100 degrees I would bet, and I was in the water most of the time....Not a very good combination, to say the least.

And I tend to burn really easily. I just have skin that burns fast. On a hot day, if I'm not wearing a hat my cheeks will start to burn within 10 minutes....And tanning. I don't tan. Well. That's not technically true. I do tan, but it requires a burn first...It sucks. I hate having skin this white...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

ryos

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 02, 2009, 06:54:22 AM »
I'm sad to have just bought Strunk and White for (of all things) a CS class. Despite the voluminous praise heaped upon it, it looks desperately boring.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »
I'm sad to have just bought Strunk and White for (of all things) a CS class. Despite the voluminous praise heaped upon it, it looks desperately boring.

Not only is it desperately boring, it's also full of bad advice.

Elements of Style prescribes nonstandard English, which comes across as erroneous to some, and simply unnecessary to others.  Not a single one of my English professors ever held me to Strunk and White's ridiculous expectations in writing, though I did once have a History professor that expected us to follow it (not that he had us get the book—I could simply tell from the corrections he was making to my English that he used it as a guide).

There are many much better grammar/writing books out there.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2009, 01:13:53 AM »
OK so I've been waiting for like three months to find out when this ice cream social thing is 'cause it's like the only time I can find to get together with this old friend who I haven't seen in over a year and they FINALLY give the time and it's during my school day. UGHHH
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2009, 06:01:14 AM »
Wilson: I now share your pain, quite literally - I got my back sunburned so badly this weekend that just wearing clothing is painful. Three cheers for fair skin. -.-;

Ryos: Why on earth would you need a grammar book for CS class? :/

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2009, 06:50:19 AM »
Oh, Silk. I am sorry. Really I am....My burn is mostly gone now, but...I'm peeling. I hate peeling. Especially when it's on the back, and you can't reach it....I itch.

ryos

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Ryos: Why on earth would you need a grammar book for CS class? :/

Because it's basically a writing class. Here's the course description:

CS 404 Ethics and Computers In Society
Societal impact of computer technology, the computer scientist's place in society, ethical issues. Reading, discussion, and writing seminar.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:56 PM »
I want to tell you that it sounds interesting, but to be entirely honest... it doesn't, really...