Author Topic: These Stupid Titles IX: Still Without a Title  (Read 73566 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: These Stupid Titles IX: Still Without a Title
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2009, 01:46:31 AM »
From the smile on Wilson's face right now, I don't think she minds...

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2009, 02:01:11 AM »
Leveling with this post. Hopefully I'll no longer be rejected...

Silk: Yeah, you're probably right.

EDIT: Wow. Not only am I a scholar again, I'm now depressed. That's really lame....
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2009, 02:04:20 AM »
Oh, depression. Apparently all that rejection started affecting you....Sad.

And yes. I suppose if I can't change my class to something more appropriate (ie: evil), being good at politicking will have to make do....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »
Forget my last post about there being good politicians. I'm going with Silk on this one.

Andrew whats the deal guy? There is certainly no need for you to give reasons why Chaos would or could "destroy" me. I mean I am out of practice and everything but at least leave me some hope. I'm fairly sure that I backed you during a certain election some time ago and even though you lost I was a pretty strong supporter of yours, thanks for backing me up.

About post counts, Andrew you missed the days where we would post around a hundred posts a day on this thread. Those days really helped everyone with their levels. I remember spending days at work writing about snowsports and pine trees, the coalition, gathering doom and battling Chaos. Crazy times.

I can also understand your current "depressed" state. I would be depressed too if I was only a level 15. Sorry buddy.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2009, 02:55:24 AM »
Eh. Those levels are unearned if you got them in this thread.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2009, 03:05:51 AM »
Heh. Agreed. Spamming kind of takes the kick out of leveling. I feel bad about being such a major contributer to it due to this thread....But oh well.

I wonder what my good politicking skills will lead me to next....I could easily find out by opening up that doc I have saved somewhere, but I think I like this relative bit of mystery right now....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2009, 02:52:20 AM »
Green, I never said I wouldn't support you. I just said if you took on Chaos, Chaos would win. I learned this lesson myself, remember? However, if we double team him before someone powerful and influential (ie Ookla) can come to his aid as happened last time, we could probably take him out.....
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »
Forget my last post about there being good politicians. I'm going with Silk on this one.

Andrew whats the deal guy? There is certainly no need for you to give reasons why Chaos would or could "destroy" me. I mean I am out of practice and everything but at least leave me some hope. I'm fairly sure that I backed you during a certain election some time ago and even though you lost I was a pretty strong supporter of yours, thanks for backing me up.

About post counts, Andrew you missed the days where we would post around a hundred posts a day on this thread. Those days really helped everyone with their levels. I remember spending days at work writing about snowsports and pine trees, the coalition, gathering doom and battling Chaos. Crazy times.

I can also understand your current "depressed" state. I would be depressed too if I was only a level 15. Sorry buddy.

Gasp! My arch-nemesis returns!

Green, I never said I wouldn't support you. I just said if you took on Chaos, Chaos would win. I learned this lesson myself, remember? However, if we double team him before someone powerful and influential (ie Ookla) can come to his aid as happened last time, we could probably take him out.....

You dare dethrone a god? A democratically elected one, no less?
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
Why not dethrone a god? Its not like is hasn't happened before. The democratic election may have been in your favor but there is also precedent for those who are chosen by the people to fall as well.

Be weary Chaos. You may be ahead of me in level but Andrew brings up a good point. Without Ook your nothing! (lets just over look the fact that your higher in level for now). And even if he did step in whats to stop a good old home grown assassination?

Ook- You were always the one to bring us back to earth. I agree that the levels earned here are "unearned". Doesn't mean we didn't have fun earning them it just means there wasn't much else involved in gaining them

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
My mercenaries who I lead may have a problem with your assassination method.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2009, 11:37:35 PM »
They may have a problem with it, but he'll be victorious over them....Seeing as he IS a victorious mercenary. You may lead mercenaries, but he can beat them (this is not saying he can beat you, just that he can reduce the number of those you lead....).

And please note, Monsta, that I am still on your side. We of the Coalition stick together. However, he is a higher level than you. I must make sure you live to get ahead of him so THEN you can beat him. If you die before that, by facing him too early, all is lost....I can't allow that.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #371 on: September 05, 2009, 05:45:08 AM »
When I'm not panhandling, I moonlight as a Bard to bring in extra cash. I'll boost your level by adding our total experience together when I play the song "Minds as One". I take all monetary loot, you get items.

Tangent: A Bards' buffs stack with other Bards' buffs, right?
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 05, 2009, 06:52:42 AM »
Well its good to see that the roots of the coalition are still strong. I also would have to agree with wilson here. I mean seeing how you lead "mercenaries" then they probably wouldn't be to hard for a "victorious mercenary" right? I'm sure we could work out a successful assassination if needed. Some fairly important people have been assassinated in the past so don't feel too secure Chaos. I will most likely bide my time. I doubt that I will ever be ahead of Chaos again but I do think I need to get back to the forums more so I wont be left too far in the dust.

Be wary Chaos for I do not fight alone. While you may surround yourself with unknown mercs of little value, I do not.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #373 on: September 05, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
I also have my democratically bestowed DivineRight™. Added features include omnipotence and omniscience.

It's a sweet racket.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #374 on: September 05, 2009, 07:45:14 AM »
Be wary Chaos for I do not fight alone. While you may surround yourself with unknown mercs of little value, I do not.

This confuses me....I hope I'm not included in this group of people who are surrounding you...I'm a politician. Not a fighter--or at least not THAT kind of fighter...I don't kill people. I pay people to kill people (among other things...). There's a difference...:P

Chaos--when were you democratically bestowed with that?