Author Topic: These Stupid Titles IX: Still Without a Title  (Read 84808 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: These Stupid Titles IX: Still Without a Title
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2009, 04:13:20 AM »
I like acting.

And I've been at this whole performing gig for a while now. I should think I'm a fairly good one by now.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2009, 04:55:49 AM »
And I've been at this whole performing gig for a while now. I should think I'm a fairly good one by now.

We would hope so. I mean, if you weren't, you'd probably be dead, since I'm pretty sure we as the Coalition (assuming anyone remembers the days of the Coalition other than me...) had you using a coffin as a stage at one point, just in case you got too bad.

And I guess if you weren't all that good by now, you'd have plenty of food--albeit most of it rotten. ;)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 27, 2009, 08:22:50 PM »
Actor's cosplayer...oddly similar! I guess i'm in for a unpleasent couple of weeks...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Acting's more similar to LARPing than cosplaying. And even then, I don't buy that acting and LARPing would be all that similar.

(Then again, I've never LARPed. Maybe I should hold my peace?)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
Acting's more similar to LARPing than cosplaying. And even then, I don't buy that acting and LARPing would be all that similar.

(Then again, I've never LARPed. Maybe I should hold my peace?)

technically acting IS roleplaying, as you are assuming and acting out a role (the definition of roleplaying), and it is live action, generally.....
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »
Touché.

Note: I am successful.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
Touché.

Note: I am successful.

I'm pretty sure that being a successful panhandler still makes you poor and unsucessful in the grand scheme of things....

however, I am pretty bored, so mine's quite accurate....
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »
*shrugs* We're splitting hairs now, but however you define each form of entertainment, they're still different forms that do different things. It's a bit like saying TV is the same as theatre acting because they both involve acting :P

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:32 PM »
Wow. You crazy kids are still going strong. Thats good to see. This is the first time I have logged on in months and I see a reference to the coalition with-in the last 7 posts. I almost wish I had the time to come by more often. Looks like I'm missing some good acting conversation.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »
Monsta! It's nice to see you back, even if it's just a little visit....Chaos is ahead of you now. Just so you know. :)

On-topic. I'm still a good politician. And I still think that title is an oxymoron.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »
Well, you are no longer missing, Monsta. I bow to you, brother poster. May your posts be long and many and your sunrises full of pixellation.

You may not know me, as I lurked almost exclusively until this summer. Hello.  :)
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2009, 11:42:54 PM »
Well I don't know if Chaos being ahead of me should be bothersome. I mean I am a "Victorious Mercenary" so doesn't that me that I win?? Either way I doubt I could catch him again with all the time I have spent away.

I dont know if "Good Politician" is an oxymoron. I mean there are politics in almost everything. I'm sure that some form of politician is good. We all do things we dont want to do sometimes to get to what we do want. Isn't that what politicians do? Just a thought, though you may be right.

I may stop by more often with "Gathering Storm" coming soon.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »
Or maybe it just means you're good at being a politician. It's more ambiguous than it looks.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »
It may or may not be bothersome...I just remember that rivalry, and him gloating that he was ahead of you, and you being so happy that you passed him up and all that good stuff....But then again, I'm ahead of you as well--and ahead of him--so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Good point about the politicians. I'm still convinced that the title is mostly oxymoronic, even if there are a few that are semi-good.

To Silk: Ah. I like this....Yes. I like this a lot. *evil grin*

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:36 AM »
See, I left for about 3 months after Hero of Ages came out. At that point, all the Old forum people (not naming names....) had higher post counts than me, Chaos did, Comatose did, and that was about it.

As soon as I left, however, everyone's post counts exploded. It was quite sad to come back and find, for instance, that Monsta had gone from level 6 to level 20 while I was away.

Green: Good to see you again! Although when you don't post, I start to catch up to you kind of sort of maybe....Yes. Not sure if being a victorious mercenary means you win, as technically, Chaos is a victorious mercenary too. Or at least was. And he's more experienced. Maybe you'll be all overconfident from your recent victory, thus allowing him to destroy you.

Silk: Is being good at being a politician a good thing? I'm not sure that's something that anyone around here would want to lay claim to.

Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence