Author Topic: All my books are read, Looking for suggestions  (Read 15145 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: All my books are read, Looking for suggestions
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »
I felt like Black Company was just unfinished. Not unpolished, I just felt like the story didn't have a conclusion and a whole lot more needed to be told.

Doris Egan's Ivory series had the same feel. I keep hoping for the sequel that will never come.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »
I felt like Black Company was just unfinished. Not unpolished, I just felt like the story didn't have a conclusion and a whole lot more needed to be told.

Doris Egan's Ivory series had the same feel. I keep hoping for the sequel that will never come.

That's because the Black Company series isn't finished.  Cook has stated that he has at least 2 more novels to write in the series to finish it off.  He doesn't know when that will happen, but someday.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
  • Sweep Sweep Sweep, all day long!
    • View Profile
    • The Intelli-Gent Reviews
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
I'm going to put forth Scott Lynch as someone that's definitely worth reading. If you like caper novels at all, he's the way to go.

I can already hear the complaints about how the series isn't done, he's taking forever, etc. etc. I'm just saying that the two books that are out are good.
I like basketball, hanging out with my friends, reading, slamming a garbage can into a pimp or two with magical heavenly powers. You know, teenager stuff.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
The Many Deaths of the Black Company is available now for pre-order from amazon, it has a cool cover too.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz