Author Topic: I'm so pathetic  (Read 1904 times)

ryos

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
I'm so pathetic
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:27:17 AM »
So I'm sitting here, having pointed my browser at schlockmercenary.com, watching the little spinning gear on my web browser that means "nuh-uh, not loading sucker". Howard's web server appears to be experiencing technical difficulties.

After canceling and refreshing a few times (you'd be surprised how often that works), I actually said to my computer, "Dang it, load! I need my Schlock!" (Aaaand, as I was typing this, it loaded. :))

It's funny how something as simple as a webcomic that consistently updates every day at 9PM has become a part of my life. Last summer, when I was on vacation at Lake Powell, I remember sitting on top of a houseboat, looking up at a gorgeous night sky (the kind that you just don't see that often anymore), and thinking, "Looks like it's about 9:00. Time for Schlock!"

Of course, I had neither a clock to verify that it was actually time for Schlock nor the means to obtain said Schlock fix. I'm not so hooked that this caused serious withdrawal, but I did remember to check the comic, even then. What have you done, Howard? What have you unleashed upon us? The world doesn't stand a chance.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: I'm so pathetic
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »
Just remember to shower and don your EVA suit before reading.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Howard Tayler

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so pathetic
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
You're frightening me, ryos. In a good way, but still...