Author Topic: Castle  (Read 13931 times)

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Castle
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »
I cant take Beckett seriously at all. The "So you wanna play?" line with the shoving of the desk was beyond laughable. The red-hair fetish the writers have also bothers me more and more. what ever happened to his 2nd ex-wife that is HIS FREAKING AGENT.

I don't know that I can do this anymore...
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 12:39:13 AM »
To be honest I haven't watched anything after the first episode. Judging from some of the comments, I'm not missing much eh?  :P
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »
Dangit, Skar, I already gave up on this show, and now you tell me this week's episode was really good? Why do you do this to me?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »
If you end up watching it, I'd be curious to know if you agree with me.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
Just got back from a 2 week absence.  And I must say that the dialog in the the episode of Castle I watched over lunch was pretty terrible.  I'll be joining Fell in my absence from that particular audience.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:22 PM »
i tried watching the finale. it was dumb. the fact that the wait a full season to do anything with the cold case is idiotic - it is especially idiotic considering they dont know if they are doing a 2nd season. the other problem is that Nathan Fillion is awesome; so awesome, in fact, that he makes the detective look completely stupid and incompetent. They really need someone else to play her character.  She is terrible.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
renewed...

while i like Fillion (he is my hero), im not sure I can watch this anymore. maybe if they killed off the main chick and replaced her with, you know, someone intelligent?

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »
Hey I like Stana.  She's a good actress, and very believable as a dumb cop.  Also her stiff response to him is mitigated by the fact that she's much more natural with other characters.  This is very consistent with her secret fan crush.  If there is a second season, and I hope there is, give her a chance and I think she'll surprise you.  not a prediction just a critique.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Liathiana

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • For Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 05:04:52 AM »
I have to admit I really like Castle, despite it's flaws. It may be because I"m slightly a Fillion fangirl but I really love his character and his relationship with his daughter and his mother. I'm hoping it's much better next season.
"Behold! I have discovered the FORK OF TRUTH! Who would dare oppose me now?! Now that I am armed with my anger...and my fork!" Richard (LFG)