Author Topic: Hum Drum Sad Pandaness  (Read 9210 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Hum Drum Sad Pandaness
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
People were so blown away by the book and busy speculating about the future that the official counting fell by the wayside.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
I think there were actually quite a few that were almost right. A lot of our theories involving Rashek's motives, Sazed, some of what the Hero of Ages actually was, some of the prophecies...we had some good thoughts in there.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
Yes we did.  Ha ha.  I remember some being pretty close to right just from memory.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:29 AM »
I know we were very wrong on some, but most we were at least close, and there were several that we were VERY close. I'm with Chaos, Way of Kings should be EXCELLENT for epic posts.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 04:39:31 AM »
Me = needs to write more of those.  I only had a few that were decent length for HoA.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
Ok, before you continue reading know that I AM glad that EUOL is getting more attention and becoming a more popular author, BUT:

I am sad with the Sanderson forums being over-run with WoT topics.  These are the reasons, numbered by importance to me.

1. (There's a tie for first.) The people.  I miss all of the old chatters.  I know at least some of them are still around, they have just all gone in hiding (some have stopped showing up) due to the lack of other topics and the large amount of WoT topics.)  I just miss their company.

1. I miss all the theory threads. (Yes, I realize I could write them, I'm just too lazy ATM and I don't feel they would get discussed too thoroughly.)

2. The lack of the WoT threads actually being theory threads.  This new group is a totally different species of forum goers.  They just talk about what HAS happened and other things that relate to WoT (i.e. games) and none of it is argumentative debate.

3. Waiting.  I know that eventually everything will get back to the way that it was, but I hate waiting for it. :/

Now that I am done ranting I think I might find some time to write up a Theory Thread the next Alcatraz book. . . I may have to skim through the other again, or reread them first though.

Anyway.  Thoughts?

I agree with you 100%. WoT is getting to much attention and is completely taking over this forum. I would LOVE for you to do something for Alcatraz because there really good books but I know if I put one it will just wither away. Brandon Sanderson has written more than WoT.

Bastille
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »
Ok, before you continue reading know that I AM glad that EUOL is getting more attention and becoming a more popular author, BUT:

I am sad with the Sanderson forums being over-run with WoT topics.  These are the reasons, numbered by importance to me.

1. (There's a tie for first.) The people.  I miss all of the old chatters.  I know at least some of them are still around, they have just all gone in hiding (some have stopped showing up) due to the lack of other topics and the large amount of WoT topics.)  I just miss their company.

1. I miss all the theory threads. (Yes, I realize I could write them, I'm just too lazy ATM and I don't feel they would get discussed too thoroughly.)

2. The lack of the WoT threads actually being theory threads.  This new group is a totally different species of forum goers.  They just talk about what HAS happened and other things that relate to WoT (i.e. games) and none of it is argumentative debate.

3. Waiting.  I know that eventually everything will get back to the way that it was, but I hate waiting for it. :/

Now that I am done ranting I think I might find some time to write up a Theory Thread the next Alcatraz book. . . I may have to skim through the other again, or reread them first though.

Anyway.  Thoughts?

I agree with you 100%. WoT is getting to much attention and is completely taking over this forum. I would LOVE for you to do something for Alcatraz because there really good books but I know if I put one it will just wither away. Brandon Sanderson has written more than WoT.

Bastille
It wouldn't wither away.

You should go for it. ;)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
Really? Do you think it will work?

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 03:46:30 AM »
Yes.  I do. ha ha.   ;)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
There you go!! Thanks so much for posting!!!

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

LauraOrganaSolo

• Level 2
  • Smile, God loves you.
    • View Profile
    • Eien no Yume
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 01:16:59 AM »
I should probably read those books.  I just haven't gone out and bought them yet.

Why?  Because I'm always broke.  ha ha.  For instance, this last paycheck I bought the Elantris books in Japanese.  Speaking of which they should be here tomorrow and I will take wonderful pictures of the art pages that are supposed to be in them and post them on here for you all to see and be jealous of.
Please forgive me for probably being CAPTAIN OBVIOUS here but... have you checked used book stores or do you live near a library? The WoT books are so popular I've never seen a used book store that didn't have more WoT books in various editions than they knew what to do with, so you can usually get them very cheaply. Or free, from the library.

Several years ago before my husband (who owns all the WoT books) and I moved in together, he insisted I read the series so I borrowed most of the WoT series from the library and listened to two of them in audio form during my commutes to college.

P.S. ZOMG Myv icon. :D

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:48 AM »
Now see I have a problem. . .. I can't borrow or buy used books. . . it's just. . . there's something wrong about it that makes me twitch.

Guess it could be my OCD acting up. *shrugs*

Yes, Myv is awesome-sauce
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
That sounds like me with my books.   The only books I will buy used are textbooks. The highlighting in them helps.  Other then that it is always brand new.  I also will only buy the hardcover if I have a choice.  That is mainly because I am abusive to my books with the many times I read them and the paperbacks don't seem to stand up to it very well.

P.S.  Thanks for the color changing idea miyabi.  I can now find my posts when scrolling though.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
ha ha.

I like hardback books as well, but for sitting on my shelf.  I like reading from paperbacks.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

deathgate

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »
I agree with you 100%. WoT is getting to much attention and is completely taking over this forum.

I'm sorry some of you feel that way but I discovered the greatness of BS because of his being picked to write AMOL. If BS picks up a lot of other new fans the same way his next books should be much more popular and you should get a lot of new views and speculation on them. If you are mainly agitated about losing the coziness of being one of the few to know about BS then I feel for you but those days may be over (not at my local B&N, however , where they have one copy of Elantris and BS is still an unknown).