Author Topic: Lionheart  (Read 2460 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Lionheart
« on: September 27, 2002, 07:27:57 PM »
Lionheart is Black Isle's alternate history fantasy RPG, using the Fallout character system and a new graphical engine from Reflexive Entertainment. I've been following it for a while, but recently happened onto a cache of incredible interviews and, best of all, a fascinating alternate timeline.

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/371/371199p1.html

A lot of the initial media coverage for Lionheart called it another Arcanum, "dwarves-with-guns" kind of game, but it's turning out to be remarkably different now that we get to see more details. I'm very excited.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Lionheart
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 09:52:12 PM »
I wasn't all that intrested in it when it was first announced.  But now that they are actualy letting people know about the game  it does seam cool.  Comparing it to Arcanium (which was a great game) is defantly a little of a long shot.  But one problem I'm still haveing is where along the timeline do you actualy get to play?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2002, 09:57:43 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 12:17:57 AM »
I'm not saying that it could be compared to Arcanum, just that it was back when nobody knew much about it. It's a completely different game/concept.

As for the timeline, the Disjunction happened in 1192 and the game begins in 1588; that makes about 400 years of alternate history. They've done a great job, in my opinion, of blending real history with magic, but I guess if you're not very interested in history you won't find it as interesting.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2002, 12:37:26 AM »
I'm a history geek, I just prefer BC era better.  I do think that some of the stuff is intresting but the fact that it's an alternate histroy caused by magic an not so much as a what if.  Not that they didn't do a good job.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.