Author Topic: Brats Cream of Mushroom and Saurkraut  (Read 2001 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Brats Cream of Mushroom and Saurkraut
« on: December 16, 2004, 12:30:17 AM »
Yep thats dinner, and its mmm mmm good...

Saint can tell you how my cream of mushroom turns out... he's made it with me at college. Nothing draws college women to the kitchen like so many flies as a good cook in a dorm kitchen on a Saturday morning after the Cafeteria has closed untill the evening. Our massive meal for 2 became a meal for at least 15.  Thats what happens when you make a gallon of cream of mushroom soup and serve it with sirloin steaks.

As for Brats, Im of 2 minds about them,... on the one hand they really should be boiled in broth, beer Saurkraut or a combination of all three. Grilled is however an acceptable substitution. And thanks to the portableness of Mr. George Foremans amazing machine Grilled Brats I am eating...

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Brats Cream of Mushroom and Saurkraut
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 12:34:26 AM »
I almost always grill my brats. Boiled things, just don't taste right to me outside of pasta and soup.

And please share your cream of mushroom recipe.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 12:56:57 AM »
The reason most boiled things taste bad is that people boil them in the wrong things.

Heres a smaller serving size
Wash and peel a 3 quarts of fresh mushrooms and fry in a cup of melted butter with some fresh roasted garlic and onion powder then add 2 quarts of veal stock (chicken in a pinch)  rub a table spoonful of flour and butter together until smooth, stir it into a pint of rich cream (whipping or heavy cream are ideal, and stir until smooth; add it to the soup, season with salt and pepper, let it boil up, and serve with fresh crumbled bacon chopped scallions and fresh cheese sprinkled on top.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 12:57:59 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 12:59:40 AM »
thanks
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.