Author Topic: Happy Things 2009: We're Still Here  (Read 59163 times)

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2009: We're Still Here
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »
Only five days till I move into my dorm. God I can't wait to get out of this house.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2009, 03:07:36 AM »
I commute...i was given the options of that or paying for my own dorm...which school are you going to? My orientation at UTD was yesterday and today, school starts thursday.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2009, 03:19:34 AM »
I'm moving out too!  Though, now I'll only be about a block from the college instead of 15 miles.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
Sorry for the dp, but I have to get this one out there.

So, because my sister is on Guard I am getting an impromptu try-out tomorrow morning before Band Camp starts. =D

I'm really excited, 1) because it'll be fun, and 2) it'll be something to do with my sister on a consistent basis.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
We got all our stuff moved into the new house. Many thanks to Brandon, Dan, Ethan & Ethanspawn, Steve, and Nick. (And Stacy and Charisa arrived after everything was done and we were sitting around talking...)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:35 AM »
Do you have any friends who cook for a living?

No?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2009, 08:37:50 PM »
@ Jade I was curious why you were so excited about it and thought that may be it...obviously i was wrong...well good for you...

Now, i ussually prefer social sciences but currently i'm enrolled in a genetics course and it kicks butt!!! I've learned more in the three days of class and outside study than 3 weeks of highschool biology
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »
Now, i ussually prefer social sciences but currently i'm enrolled in a genetics course and it kicks butt!!! I've learned more in the three days of class and outside study than 3 weeks of highschool biology

That's typical of college courses. High school is worthless.

I'm happy that, tomorrow, I get to install a new OS on my computer. There needs to be a better word for nerd. :)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »
Trying to get a start on revising my novel (or rather, re-reading and taking notes so that I can then start revising it) and just had a sudden insight into one of the characters' motivations. Some aspects of the book are going to make SO much more sense now.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2009, 03:51:32 PM »
I'm happy that I'm starting a new job soon that will significantly increase my income. Yay for more money.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2009, 02:54:37 AM »
Glad I finished copyediting that book last night. A job like that requires hours and you just have to sit down and do it. And do it. And do it.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »
I have a job for the school year. I'll be tutoring in the writing center. So relieved.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
Got into the section of CS 340 that I wanted. Now I can stop refreshing the registration page every 10 minutes. So happy - class schedule anxiety is second only to unemployment anxiety.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
That's way better than the old system I used my first year of college: Stay up until 2 a.m. to start calling the registration line, then call and call and call until 8 a.m. hoping I got through, then fall asleep and finally wake up at noon and manage to get through only to find out the class got filled by upperclassmen days earlier.

Which is still better than what my parents had to do, which was go from table to table standing in line until your card was full.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »
Ah, registration. Fun stuff. The semester starts next week and I'm still not entirely sure what my schedule is. I've finished registering, but I may have to drop 2 classes and replace them with German classes, to get my foreign language out of the way....And the german professor hasn't e-mailed me back.

Question: Why would a school cancel a language program (for non-financial reasons), citing that the language is a dead language, when there's 2 countries that speak the language? And plenty of students registering for it?....This boggles my mind. Yet BYU-I did just this with German. And it's killing me time-wise for graduation.

But as for happiness: if the professor ever DOES get back to me, and tell me that I can take those 2 classes, I will be back on track to graduate next Fall (2010). Yay....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."