Poll

Which team would win in a fight?

Elantrian/Dakhor
Mistborn/Feruchemist

Author Topic: Elantris vs. Mistborn *Spoilers*  (Read 18723 times)

zas678

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
Re: Elantris vs. Mistborn *Spoilers*
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 03:54:11 AM »
Nope.

Hoid wins.
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »
Pfft! Bela owns all!!!!!
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »
Ugh, Bella FTL because she never went blood sucking vampiress a.k.a. awesome. BOOOO!

Stephanie Meyer makes my angry.

She had everything set up for a perfect and deadly battle several times throughout the series, but wimped out every single time.

She can't do her characters justice if she saves them through the flimsiest excuse possible every time. ERGH! I refuse to read any other books she writes.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Ugh, Bella FTL because she never went blood sucking vampiress a.k.a. awesome. BOOOO!

Stephanie Meyer makes my angry.

She had everything set up for a perfect and deadly battle several times throughout the series, but wimped out every single time.

She can't do her characters justice if she saves them through the flimsiest excuse possible every time. ERGH! I refuse to read any other books she writes.

I have to agree with you there. The only fight senes in the book that we see are them kiling James and Edward killing Victoria. I would had LOVED  it if one of the Cullens had died. **Rose***
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »
The horse from WOT guys. The horse. Not the idiot girl from that horrible series.

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2009, 08:55:56 PM »
Oh this is not good. Mentions of Twilight in my thread...Now I must resist the urge to join the bashing, and that's always hard to do where this series is involved....

I agree with Zas. Hoid wins. Hoids beats everybody. Meaning the mistborn, the horse, even Harry Potter. Hoid FTW.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2009, 11:56:48 PM »
Narg later walks in and eats Hoid...because he is Narg
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
Oh this is not good. Mentions of Twilight in my thread...Now I must resist the urge to join the bashing, and that's always hard to do where this series is involved....

I agree with Zas. Hoid wins. Hoids beats everybody. Meaning the mistborn, the horse, even Harry Potter. Hoid FTW.

Sorry!!  :-[ Got confused.....
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
Oh, it's okay. I just wasn't expecting it....It's always been hard for me to resist bashing Twilight when it comes up, and it's just grown all the worse as of late. I'm not sure why. My hatred of it apparently continues to grow as more time passes. Odd, that.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »
oops... the horse. Ok. I'm ok with that.

Oh, it's okay. I just wasn't expecting it....It's always been hard for me to resist bashing Twilight when it comes up, and it's just grown all the worse as of late. I'm not sure why. My hatred of it apparently continues to grow as more time passes. Odd, that.

I find the same thing. I initially loved the books, but the more I think about it, the more I realized that so much more could have been done easily. /sigh

Ok, no more of that for me.

In any case, coinshots are just too fast for Elantrians to handle. Mistborn wins.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »
don't be absurd they can make a shield before the mistborn are even in range... and the ones that are really good can teleport a yard to the side and blast them with a power aeon because of the surprise
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »
Hmmm. I guess I'm not really all that surprised about how this has turned out, but...I don't know. I guess it makes sense that so many people are voting for Mistborn, since that was a trilogy and was therefore able to delve much more deeply into the extent of the magic, and such. Whereas with Elantris, it got a fair bit into the magic, but we don't know exactly what each Aeon does. We don't know how fast some Elantrians could get in drawing Aeons if needed to draw quickly....

I'm inclined to think Raoden, given a few years, got get very adept and quick at drawing the Aeons. Quick enough to, like Kaz says, throw up a shield and deflect coins shot at him, or even turn those coins into something else--like feathers (I still can't remember which Aeon it is that changes. Anyone want to help me out here?). I also think he could draw two Aeons at the same time. Yes, this would be difficult, but no more difficult than learning how to play the piano or any other activity which requires both hands doing different motions....

A Raoden like this, I think, would be able to take down Vin fairly easily, while Dilaf/another Dahkor monk distracts Sazed/another Feruchemist long enough for Raoden to take care of them...since, let's face it, the Dahkor monks can't do nearly as much as the Feruchemist can.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »
We don't know enough about the abilities of the Dakhor monks to accurately compare them to a Feruchemist. For instance, we know they can teleport, but we don't know how they do it other than it requires a human sacrifice. They could have other abilities that were not shown in Elantris.

Cake shall prevail!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
let's face it, the Dahkor monks can't do nearly as much as the Feruchemist can.
It all depends on how much ^stuff^ they have stored up.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2009, 12:15:16 AM »
Yes, but I was actually giving them quite a bit within the confines of this hypothetical battle. They had weight, health, speed, etc....which is more than the monks have (as far as we know, but as Inquisitor pointed out, we don't know everything the monks can do. If I don't want others to be hasty with Elantrians, I shouldn't be hasty with the monks...).