Author Topic: Info on the remaining metals  (Read 3105 times)

alSeen

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Info on the remaining metals
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 12:04:34 AM »
ok what does nicrocil do? and who is Hoid?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
It says on the poster earlier in this thread what nicrosil does.

Hoid is a character who makes appearances in most of Brandon's books. Not much has been revealed about him yet.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

holt

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 02:46:23 AM »

That didnt really answer the question.

Also, where the heck are you guys getting all of this info?  Several of you are talking about another trilogy like it will be created soon.  I remember brandon saying that if he made another mistborn book it would be a ways off.

Another one even said that there would be 2 more trilogy?  What?!

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
There is a lot of info from Brandon in the first 25 pages or so of this thread:
http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6148.0

However, that is a lot to wade through  :D Basically, we are getting this info from Brandon personally. Some of it is on his personal site, brandonsanderson.com, and some is in the above linked thread.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »
To answer the question.  Nicrosil works similar to duriliam.  It forces a powerful burst of other metals being burned a the time and consumes them. The difference is that where duriliam affects your metals, nicrosil affects the metals of other people.  So I nicrosil could flare a soothers metals letting him force his will on someone or a tin burners metals essentially blinding them. 

That didnt really answer the question.

Also, where the heck are you guys getting all of this info?  Several of you are talking about another trilogy like it will be created soon.  I remember brandon saying that if he made another mistborn book it would be a ways off.

Another one even said that there would be 2 more trilogy?  What?!