Author Topic: Why I belong on Jerry Springer.  (Read 5676 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Why I belong on Jerry Springer.
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
So lately I have been involved with a female that I like a good amount. It sparked some disturbing realizations in my head and I figures I would share them with everyone. It might make everyone feel a little bit better about them selves knowing a little bit more about me.

So I guess I will start with saying that I don't enjoy relationships. The longest one I have ever had was about nine months and that happens to be how long it took for my daughter to be born. There is just something about spending time with a woman on a personal level that I find irritating. That's not to say I don't like women, its just saying that I don't like to spend time with them. I know that's shallow and wrong but its true. I guess you can say that I have "flexible morals" and you will find out why if you continue reading.

I have found that the only time that I am interested in persuing a relationship with a woman is when she is unattainable. In the past I have "dated" a number of girls who have already been in a relationship. I don't know why, I just have. The mother of my daughter was actually just out of a year long relationship with someone I knew very well three days before she became pregnant. I got out of Army training and within three days she was pregnant. Before her the last girlfriend I had had also been dating someone when we first started seeing eachother. Since then I have only been interested in two girls. That means that I actually wanted to spend time with them instead of other things. Both of these girls have been "unattainable". The first one I met a month before she was going home to Ireland. We saw eachother a lot over that month and I liked her a lot. Then she moved back home.

Now I find myself in the same old predicament. I have been "seeing" this girl for about a month and a half now and she has a boyfriend. You would think this effects my selfesteam but it doesn't. It doesn't bother me at all really. I like her and we hang out a lot and talk all the time. You would think it would effect my morals, being involved with someone who is in a relationship. But then again I don't care. The way I see it is that she was the one who entered the committed relationship with this guy. I never committed anything to him so I'm not really wrong. No matter how many people tell me I am wrong anyway it still has no effect.

So in the end I have relized that I only want to be around girls who are with someone. No matter how much I hate drama I seem to go right for it. I can't explain to you why, I just do. These are reasons why I belong on Jerry Springer. All of these stories have many interesting details that I have left out but they are all the same in many ways.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
Re: Why I belong on Jerry Springer.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
Wow. You must lead a very Interesting life.

I prefer less excitement, well, excitement of that variety. :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »
You could call it interesting.

Funny story: So like three weeks ago I had spent the night over this girls house. It was snowing a lot and roads were terrible so whatever. Anyway the next day the roads were still horrible so she offered to give me a lift home in her truck. I was happy with it so I said sure. So we're pulling out of her driveway and who pulls up behind us???  That's right. . . her boyfriend. So anyway she gets out and talks to him for like five mins in the blizzard while I sit in her truck. Can you say awkward anyone??? Anyway he ends up getting in the truck with us to give me a lift home. Now I lucked out because she hadn't been to my house yet so when we got to my neighborhood I had her drop me off near my house so that god forbid her boyfriend wouldn't know where I lived. I still don't know what she told him about me and frankly I don't care.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:44 PM »
sounds like you have what I like to call "relationship ADD". I don't know if there's any actual term for it, i've just known people like that, where they only desire people they can't have, and once they are allowed to have them (involved in a relationship with them) they lose interest. I don't know if it's inherently a "bad" thing, since everyone has different lusts, dreams, and desires. I've noticed with people who i've known who have been like that, they usually "grow out of it" as they get older, some haven't though.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
Some of us fall on the other extreme of the spectrum.

I've been engaged to the same girl for over four years, and we're still not married (despite my best efforts).
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
Could it be that if they are already in a relationship, then there is very little for you to fear about attachments?  I was that way for years before I met the woman who became my wife.  (I don't know what she was thinking either!)

A lot of it, I think, had to do with my own fear of rejection.  If I wasn't in a "real" relationship, then I couldn't be rejected.  Or so I thought.  Of course, I don't think your situation regales you to Jerry Springer just yet.  A couple more three-way relationships at the same time and you'll be there, if you work at it. ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »
Personally...I think people who go after unavailable parntners are a scourge upon the human race.

Though if they're not married, that doesn't really fit the definition of unavailable.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 01:58:36 AM »
"Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hopes of pulling out an eel." –Leonardo da Vinci
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 02:11:48 AM »
"Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hopes of pulling out an eel." –Leonardo da Vinci

Yet, after 5 years married to my 'eel/snake', I wouldn't wish for anything else :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »

Yet, after 5 years married to my 'eel/snake', I wouldn't wish for anything else :)

I agree entirely! 
Loud_G

It seems that's the sentiment of those who've never been (Edit) "Happily" married.
Shaggy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:26:45 AM by Necroben »
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 02:34:21 AM »
I was actually just posting a quote by a very wise, sophisticated man that I thought was amusing…it doesn't necessarily show my views. I think marriage is a wonderful thing, actually. But, having a divorce lawyer and family mediator for a father has given me a rather different perspective on marriage, particularly when compared to your average seventh grader.

And I'm pretty sure most seventh graders aren't/haven't-been married, let alone "happily."
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
Monsta - Maybe you should go on Dr. Phil instead, so he could lecture you on your fear of commitment.

Shaggy - Excellent point.  I think most of us are glad to hear you aren't married, at your age.

Jade - Is your fiancee afraid of commitment?  Maybe she needs to go on Dr. Phil.
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 12:31:40 AM »
Didn't Dr. Phill cheat on his wife???

I know I don't want a commitment so why do I need some huge man to tell me. Plus if I was the one who was commited then I wouldn't be messing around. I don't cheat on people, I do how ever not have any problems being the person someone cheats with. And no its not the same thing.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »
Yes. I'm a little young for such a powerful committment. If I was, though, it's a good thing my father's a divocre lawyer!!!  ;D
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
I was completely joking when I said you (and Jade's fiancee) should go on Dr. Phil.  I don't know if Dr. Phil cheated on his wife, but I think his show is kind of stupid and doesn't do a lot of good.  From what I've seen of it, he brings people on to twist their words and interrupt what they're saying and bully them into agreeing with his diagnosis and his prescription for change.  In some cases I think he's right in his assessment of people's problems, but I find his treatment of them rather abrasive - probably because that's more entertaining than discussing things rationally and respectfully.

But while we're discussing which shows you should go on, you might end up on Maury if you don't watch out.  (Again, joking.)
He ate my horse.