Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 88914 times)

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #480 on: March 14, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »
Well hes ugly enough but yes the time is wrong and it never flows back...just different a day can be an hour and an hour a day it all depends...Egwene or Elayne says something about it when at the Two Rivers reflection in TAR... on a different note...I'm curious who sent the attack on the farm in tear? ???

I can't remember her name right off hand, but she's the forsaken who is Arangor(sp) reborn--put in new body--it's mentioned in the beginning of KoD I think.  Some of the surviving forsaken were there in that meeting.

When do the books mention that he had memories from people on two sides of a battle?
I don't know, but I am 100% sure they did.

Around the last middle of KoD.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 14, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »
Well hes ugly enough but yes the time is wrong and it never flows back...just different a day can be an hour and an hour a day it all depends...Egwene or Elayne says something about it when at the Two Rivers reflection in TAR... on a different note...I'm curious who sent the attack on the farm in tear? ???

I can't remember her name right off hand, but she's the forsaken who is Arangor(sp) reborn--put in new body--it's mentioned in the beginning of KoD I think.  Some of the surviving forsaken were there in that meeting.

Actually, she was the POV character when Ishamael told the rest of the forsaken about the attack.  She is, in fact, the only forsaken we can rule out with any certainty.
Nature hates being reified.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 16, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
We can also rule out Moghedian, Cyndane, and most likely Semirhage.  The first two because they do nothing without Moridin's say so, and Semirhage was trying to capture Rand with the male A'dam, so I highly doubt she would try to kill him first.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 16, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »
We can also rule out Moghedian, Cyndane, and most likely Semirhage.  The first two because they do nothing without Moridin's say so
But what if he told them to??
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 16, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
We can also rule out Moghedian, Cyndane, and most likely Semirhage.  The first two because they do nothing without Moridin's say so, and Semirhage was trying to capture Rand with the male A'dam, so I highly doubt she would try to kill him first.

I actually don't rule out Moridin, so these are all second-tier guesses as well.

The type of politics the forsaken engage in makes my skin crawl.  I can easily see the whole attack being a feint of some sort.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 16, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
Or some kind of twisted plot. As usual.  ::)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 17, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
There were sooo many Trollocs attacking, though.  If you ask me, Demondred or Graendal sent them, not that it really matters in the end.  This scene gave me an idea for the ultimate FU weapon.  It is a Gateway the size of a basketball that is opened into outer space.  Everyone grab onto something, this is gonna SUCK!!! :D
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 17, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

I actually don't rule out Moridin, so these are all second-tier guesses as well.

The type of politics the forsaken engage in makes my skin crawl.  I can easily see the whole attack being a feint of some sort.

I doubt that the attack was a feint. Rand and Logain both comment on how without Logain's unexpected appearance, along with his Aes Sedai, the fight could have ended very "differently".
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #488 on: March 17, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
Well, if there is a darkfriend among Logain's group, it could be a feint. I think it is definitely possible that there is a darkfriend in there somewhere.
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2009, 05:44:42 PM »
Well, I won't rule out legit assassination attempt either.  I could easily be one of the Forsaken trying to get rid of Rand on their own initiative, against the Dark Ones will.  We just don't know enough.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 18, 2009, 04:13:04 AM »
We just don't know enough.
We never do.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
I wouldn't say that Shaggy, some very clever people figured out that Semriage was disguising herself as Anath two books before it was revealed.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #492 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
I wouldn't say that Shaggy, some very clever people figured out that Semriage was disguising herself as Anath two books before it was revealed.

Honestly, I think we have enough information to puzzle out just about everything that's going to happen in the final book, *IF* we were to piece it together correctly. However, there's also plenty of things that are like "if you take it this way, X sounds true, but if you assume it's meant THIS way, Y is true"
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

thall

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
Phew .... finally read the 33 pages of replies. Im sure many of these have been mentioned, but just wanted to drop my thoughts as a newly registered member :)

** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **

We all know the Prophecies (and unseen hints of something happening later in the story) play a large part of WoT. Most of the Prophecies have come true, although not in the way we have predicted. I personally found Mat and Tuon's path together quite enjoyable, and found myself chuckling quite frequently.

- Mat will trade his eye for Moiriane, though it will take him a long while to puzzle it out and convice himself to accept it ... He hates those effins.
- Min's first viewing of Rand mentions a beggars staff. This has not been addressed yet? Rand is already deformed, but could it get worse for him?
- The large borderland army will be annihilated. The Queen will die. Bashere will be the next in line to rule, but will pass it down to Faile (and Perrin), who will become King and Queen.
- Gawyn will discover Egwene is a prisoner of the White Tower, become her warder, and go join Gareth Bryne and the Younglings.
- Morgase will make her way back to Caemlyn and become Elaynes advisor. She wall marry Tallanvor.
- Logain's halo of power and glory that Min views, will be linked to his part in the Last Battle. He will kill Taim and become M'hael of the Black Tower.
OR
- Logain will be high up in the White Tower when Asha'man and Aes Sedai re-unite as they did before the Breaking.
- Taim and his 'special students' will try to kill Rand. Logain and the loyal Asha'man will defend Rand, killing Taim and the rest.
- Galad and Berelain will fall in love.
- Lews Therin finally dies. He may be removed from the pattern altogether. I think he is the key to winning the Final Battle. Could he somehow throw his soul at the Dark One, destroying them both?
- Alivia will help Rand die, by telling everyone of his death. Although he is not really dead.
- Tuon will help Rand with the Final Battle. They will be able to keep all their conquered lands in return.

And there are hundreds more things to be said, but ill leave that for now :)

"He who has imagination without learning, has wings and no feet." - Joseph Joubert

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2009, 11:51:07 PM »
1) I think Mat's eye won't be given in the literal sense, I think he's going to have to choose between two Aes Sedai, a thing he has been prophesied doing and hasn't yet done. I think he's going to gamble on Moraine and lose his eye somehow in the process.

2) I think the Borderland army is being controlled by Demandred.

3) I actually hope Gawyn dies but we'll see.

4) I don't think Morgase will come out or be and advisor, her time is over and she rather the people think she is still dead. Somehow I think Morgase and Tallanvor are going to be one of those relationships that RJ did not want resolved.

5) I think alot of people believe that Logain will indeed be M'heal of the BT.

6) Don't be so sure about Galad/Berlain. I mean there are many Whitecloaks and there are also the Gai'shain.

7) I don't think Lews Therin can die since Rand and Lews share the same soul and ARE the same person pretty much. Rand is going through a pyschosis where he has a split personality it seems. I think a more accurate thing if Rand survives will be Lews Therin being put to rest. This is also where the Bodyswap theory comes into play since most believe that "two becoming one" is actually Rand vs Moridin.

8) Anyone can do that, Alivia needs to do something that is specific to her skills and abilities.

9) Yeah I think Isendre and others are going to have a BIG problem with that one. No I think Toun will be forced to return with all Seachan back to Sendar, along with Mat. (Thanks for the spoiler RJ) *sheesh*
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.