Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 88968 times)

douglas

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #345 on: February 16, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
But doesn't Alavrin imply that Eldia might know that she is indeed black ajah when she excepts the punishment to become accepted again... Just a thought
You're thinking of the wrong person.  Alviarin is still accounted a full Aes Sedai, just no longer Elaida's Keeper.  It's someone else that got demoted to Accepted.

Raphael

• Level 3
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
That said Aes Sedai ran away.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
Wasn't it like Shemerin or something? Something with an 'S-H' at the beginning.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

I believe you are referring to Sheriam. She is the Keeper of the Chronicles for Egwene.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »
Quote from: Shaggy on Today at 09:47:53 AM

I believe you are referring to Sheriam. She is the Keeper of the Chronicles for Egwene.
No, I'm not, actually. I know who Sheriam is; the person I am referring to is the Aes Sedai that was demoted back down to Accepted by Elaida.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »

No, I'm not, actually. I know who Sheriam is; the person I am referring to is the Aes Sedai that was demoted back down to Accepted by Elaida.

Ahhh...my bad. You were right in the first place it's Shemerin....Elaida never demotes Alviarin, she sends her to Silviana, mistress of novices, for punishment.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Shaggy on Today at 10:47:04 AM

Ahhh...my bad. You were right in the first place it's Shemerin....Elaida never demotes Alviarin, she sends her to Silviana, mistress of novices, for punishment.
No problem.
Thought it was something like that.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
For some reason i had those to being one person... Its been 2 years since i've done a reread, I guess I should get started before Amol is released.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »
You could also start your re-read a month or two before AMoL is published; then by the time you're done, the paperback might be out. Just a thought.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
It only takes me about 3 months to do a reread but nice try shaggy. Not to mention I've been waiting for the realease since KoD hardback was out. (I read that one in 2.5 days)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »
Well some people read slightly slower than the speed of light, so…yeah. (jk)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2009, 01:32:54 AM »
I don't remember how long Knife of Dreams took me, but I finished Winter's Heart in a single day.  Of course I didn't do much of anything else that day except eat and use a toilet, and it was about midnight when I finished, but something about that book just made all the other Christmas presents I'd unwrapped that morning seem uninteresting by comparison... ;)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2009, 03:31:34 AM »
Ummm ok. Let's ignore that and try not to think about douglas and the toilet (just kidding 8)) and get back to AMoL.

I hope Elaida is made like property of Tuon or something. That'd be unrealistic, but…cool.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »
That's actually not too far fetched, considering Egwene's dream about the Seanchan attacking the White Tower.

Hmm, that brings up another possibility for the Black Ajah hunt - turn all the Black Aes Sedai into damane instead of stilling or executing them. ;D

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
ok heres my 2 cents.. the DO's prison has to be remade like new or the wheel will be broken, there are 7 spokes of the WoT, 7 ages, at certain times things have to be a certain way. It has to be remade completely and stay remade long enough for people to forget the DO exists by the time the AoL (or its equivelent) comes around again. Then the hole can be made and then sealed and then the seals can weaken etc etc in a never ending circle. Thats how the DO intends to break the WoT by escaping and not being sealed when it becomes time when he should be sealed. Thats all explained by that crazy old dude at the school in cairhein lol.

I also think rand has to sacrifice himself in order to accomplish it but he will be tied to the wheel and will continue to live on in the world of dreams to be reborn again, as opposed to the DO winning and the wheel being broken so all the heroes are dead forver, never to be reborn. The HoV could have something to do with it, like rand dying b4 the job is done and matt blowing the horn and he comes back and finishes it. Or it could be the whole body swap thing, it would be funny if he managed to swap bodies with moridin at the last second so his body died but his mind lived on

Im kinda with Perrin dying as well, and of course becoming 1 of the new heroes tied to the horn. faile could possibly do something really great to avenge his death the way saldean women are known to pick up their fallen husbands swords in battle (hopefully she dies after it as well though, she irritates me). and possibly aviendah dying although i like her she just seems to be the one most likely to jump in guns blazing (metaphorically speaking of course) when she feels rand die/dying, she is still a maiden at heart after all.

Nynaeve and Lan will both survive. I think theres something to the 3rd ring or the ter'angreal used when raised to accepted. In Egwenes she was Amyrlin and now she is although under slightly different circumstances. and in Nynaeve's her n Lan had rebuilt Malkier. The things they see in the rings definately dont all come from imagination coz thats where Egwene learnt about the 13 channelers n 13 Myrddraal thing so I think they could be some kinda variations of the future or something close to it.

And i hope something really horrible happens to Elaida, oohhh i hope Egwene gets her on a leash lol Reading anything to do with her infuriates me just by her ignorance

ok that was alot more than 2 cents but anyway ;D