Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 89007 times)

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
I posted this reply on Dragonmount awhile back, and it fits pretty well here :D

Rand is going to say something along the lines of "It's time to finally finish my journey" and travel to Tar Valon with a bunch of Aiel and Ashaman and make Elaida swear fealty.
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »
2. Kill Alvairin(spelling?)

I'm pretty sure that, given the chance, she would kill her.

It's just that, at current, her going missing might seem a bit suspicious on Elaida's part. (and she wants her to suffer)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »
Elaida is a fool, and I believe her biggest mistake was capturing Egwene.  Egwene is going to take the tower from her through sheer force of will.  She is already turning the Novice and Accepted, and she had some Aes Sedai on her side as well.  Meanwhile, the rebel Aes Sedai are going to begin bonding with the good Ash'man, while all the red sisters who went to see Taim are screwed.

Something I have noticed:  With all the searching for men who can channel that's been going on, they haven't found any Aiel.  I know the ones with the spark go into the blight to die fighting the shadow, but some of those who can learn to channel must exist.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2009, 05:38:47 PM »
I doubt any of the Asha'man have dared to show up in an Aiel camp asking for volunteers, even if they thought to try.  I think their recruiting effort has been directed almost entirely towards civilian populations in the Wetlands.

Raphael

• Level 3
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2009, 02:46:18 AM »
Elaida isn't a fool. Her ability to bring down Siuan proves that she has a head. She's just ambitious and misguided.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2009, 03:23:18 AM »
She is proud, arrogant, prejudiced, utterly blind to the possibility she could ever be wrong, and wrong.  The combination leads to quite a number of very stupid acts with no signs of change, ever.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
She is proud, arrogant, prejudiced, utterly blind to the possibility she could ever be wrong, and wrong.  The combination leads to quite a number of very stupid acts with no signs of change, ever.
Perhaps if she was put in her place, shown the greater power of her superiors, and given orders she could be put to some use.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »
Some of those actions she took because Alvarin said to take them even if she didn't think they were a good idea. Until eventually she had the idea that perhaps Alvarin was BA and then picked out some AS to sniff out the BA.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »
Shard, please take pity on a young soul and define your acronyms. Por favor.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »
Just guessing:

Black Ajah
Aes Sedai
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »
Hehe right. I feel stupid. *smacks forehead*
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2009, 02:03:49 AM »
I am truly happy Brandon Sanderson was picked to finish Amol otherwise i wouldn't ever have been introduced to him! I mean this is the best publicity an author could ever dream of (in this genre atleast). And while i believe the Jim Rigney was the modern Tolkien, I must say thand Brandon is much more original, i tell all the nerds willing to listen about him becaus of it. I love his works, especially the magic systems.

On a different note Rand is one big fool, and i love him for it! He's so human and is in a constant developmental process, his mistakes make him my favorite of all the characters.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2009, 03:57:03 AM »
Some of those actions she took because Alvarin said to take them even if she didn't think they were a good idea. Until eventually she had the idea that perhaps Alvarin was BA and then picked out some AS to sniff out the BA.

Actually, Elaida was just trying to get Alviarin in trouble for countermanding her orders. The Aes Sedai she went to, Pevara, thought Elaida was trying to imply a search for the Black Ajah without saying it. Of course, Alviarin should get caught in both cases.
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »

Actually, Elaida was just trying to get Alviarin in trouble for countermanding her orders. The Aes Sedai she went to, Pevara, thought Elaida was trying to imply a search for the Black Ajah without saying it. Of course, Alviarin should get caught in both cases.

Yeah I guess your right it's more like Elaida is pulling a homer, catching the crook without actually trying to catch one. I am hoping for some public trails of Black Ajah's and Forsaken I so want to see some executions *heh*
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »
But doesn't Alavrin imply that Eldia might know that she is indeed black ajah when she excepts the punishment to become accepted again... Just a thought
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz