Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 89087 times)

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
Hehe :-[…right.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2009, 11:28:58 PM »

after a quick google search, WOTMania.org claims that stones is almost exactly like go.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:56 AM »
Do you happen to know if RJ ever clarified the comparison or not?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »
I believe he did.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
OK; I guess you're right then.  :D 8)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »
sort of off topic, but i figure since we're talking about WOT here:
EA Partners with red eagle for WOT Games (including planned MMORPG)

Also, red eagle mentioned that there will be at least 3 movies based on the WOT books, more if they do well.

[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2009, 03:20:53 AM »
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they don't screw up the movies like they did with Eragon.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

specalaas

• Level 1
    • View Profile
what will happen to rand ??
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2009, 04:58:17 AM »
ok take this as you will but this is what i see happening with rand and defeating the DO so the wheel can keep turning. with the prophesies (can't spell shhh) rand knows that to live he must die and he accepts that. Now, lets face it rand has turned into a creep he hears voices has two half-healed, never healing wounds on his side, is missing a hand and has forgoten who he was. He's just a cold hard killing machine that most people in the book still believe is doomed to go mad. So, to live he must die... does anyone else remeber lan teaching rand the sword move called sheathing the sword. The one that leaves you open to attack but in turn leaves your opponent open. now i know this has been used before when rand faced an image of the DO above falme but rand didn't exactly die. can anyone else see rand using this to defeat he DO. He dies and then perhaps is brought back by the creator or through a body swap with mordin which many people have suggeted. that takes care of the literal interpretation of the prophesy but what about the symbolic. in rands current state he isnt exactly living, hes got a crippled body and mind and has become cold and hard not what he once was. for him to live, body and mind healthy, the old rand needs to die and be reincarnated

thats what i think might and could happen lemme know what ya think   :D

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »

after a quick google search, WOTMania.org claims that stones is almost exactly like go.

I love GO and I'm semi good at it.  I would be ranked at maybe a 15-20kyu.  xD

I really SHOULD read the WoT series since Brandon is writing the last one, and I want to read that, but I'm almost positive I would be TOTALLY lost if I hadn't read the others. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »

I really SHOULD read the WoT series since Brandon is writing the last one, and I want to read that, but I'm almost positive I would be TOTALLY lost if I hadn't read the others. ha ha.

Oh, you certainly would. There's A LOT of background to get it to the point it's currently at. I enjoy Go, too, but I'm terrible at it. I've only played a few times, to be fair, and I'm not the best with the rules on it still.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you would be lost.

It's roughly on the order of imagining an Inuit hunter-gatherer from 1300 AD being dropped into a lecture on advanced imaging techniques using evanescent microwave frequencies, and expecting them to make any sense out of what is being said.
Nature hates being reified.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »

It's roughly on the order of imagining an Inuit hunter-gatherer from 1300 AD being dropped into a lecture on advanced imaging techniques using evanescent microwave frequencies, and expecting them to make any sense out of what is being said.

Also a great idea for a sitcom.

Back on topic, though....What does everyone think is going to happen to Elaida? :O

She's obviously not black, but being manipulated by them. (or at least was, not sure about now)

Think she'll eventually "see the light" or will her and her followers inadvertently help the DO
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »

Also a great idea for a sitcom.

Back on topic, though....What does everyone think is going to happen to Elaida? :O

She's obviously not black, but being manipulated by them. (or at least was, not sure about now)

Think she'll eventually "see the light" or will her and her followers inadvertently help the DO

Elaida.... >:(  If all goes well hopefully she will have a run in with the gholam! She is seriously annoying and probably my least favorite character!.....I really don't think she will ever be helpful in any way. That said, if she ever hopes to redeem herself she would have to do the following two things:

1. Aknowledge Egwene as the true Amrylin
2. Kill Alvairin(spelling?)

I don't see either of them happening so I'll just have to go on hating her. I can see her launching one last attempt at capturing Rand and causing the unecessary deaths of more than a few Aes Sedai. Leading to Rand sending Logain to aide the "rebel" Aes Sedai take back the White Tower. Which he will because he's freakin awesome!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:37:47 PM by Comfortable Madness »
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar