Author Topic: Ring Tones  (Read 6201 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Ring Tones
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:15:28 AM »
So I know that this might be stupid but then again I am often stupid so it doesn't bother me.

I have been tooling around on a website called www.zedge.net looking for good ring tones. I currently have the theme for Ninja Turtles for my main ring and Fresh Prince for my txt tone but I like to mix things up.

I wanted to start this thread to allow others to have some input on some wacky or funny or just plain awesome ring tone ideas to keep me going. It would also be a place for future reference in case anyone else has the affliction of habitually changing their ring tone.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:21:43 AM by AbominableMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Tones
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:36:10 AM »
I am happy with my Knight Rider and Fraggle Rock theme songs on my phone. Have kept me amused for a few years now =).
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:36:30 AM »
I can create my own ringtones...using songs that I have on my computer...at least when my computer is working. I've got a program that'll convert the song (if it's an MP3) and then I can choose what part of the song I want to have as a ringtone. Then I save it, and upload it. I've got like 30-40 ringtones on my phone because of it. It's awesome. And some of them are flippin' sweet.

I should make some more of them....but alas, that will have to wait for Saturday at the earliest. (Argh)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 05:04:08 AM »
Bah, I've tried three or four different downloads and none of them work. It keeps saying Unsupported Content Type.  :(

I am saddened. I wanted the FF victory song on my phone.  :'(

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 05:27:46 AM »
That is the coolest idea I have heard. Kudos to you.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 06:21:37 AM »
I love my phone.  It's got windows mobi on it, so all I have to do is use cool edits to cut the song down to a decent size, plop it from my comp to my phone and make it my ringtone.  I can use any song format.  It's so nice.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 06:29:35 AM »
I love my phone too...It's sweet (and sweet is a perfect word for it, since it's a Chocolate). I'm jealous that you can use any song format, Rose....Very jealous...Oh! And you're a Bringer of Aid! This is good! This means you can save me should my revengeance against my computer's adapter take a drastic turn for the worse....(refer to Stupid Titles VII)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 06:34:15 AM »
Is true.  I guess I'll actually have to read everything.  I hate how I go to work for six hours and everything has ten more pages... it's kind of discuraging.  :D  Just kidding... kind of.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 06:40:06 AM »
Well. The relevant info is page 15 on...so that's not too bad....But really, the whole thing is kind of funny. Monsta and I got on a huge duel-boasting thing....It's hilarious. It's actually what I re-read to calm myself down after said stupid power adapter.....yeah. I won't continue.

And so I'm not completely off-topic. I don't know why I have so many ring tones on my phone. My phone stays on vibrate most of the time, so it's not like I'm actually able to hear the tones...sad.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 09:06:59 AM »
I also make my own ringtones: I use Audacity (=free) to trim down mp3s, and my phone will play mp3s as ringtones, so…
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »
I can also use mp3's for ringtones and I have the ability to cut them down to size. I was really just looking for obscure songs of clips that would be funny to use as a ring tone. You should see the look I get when my phone rings and people hear Ninja Turtles. A lot of the time isnt excitement. The same with the Fresh Prince. Odscure ring tones are the best. I mean I have like 120 songs on my phone at any given time but that's not enough for me. I want to have that song that everyone knows but they never hear.

There you go CthulhuClaus you have the idea. A good one too. And I usually just download to the computer and use a USB to transfer. If you have a browser capable phone you can send the songs right to it.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »
my ring tone is rick astley - never gonna give you up
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »
Oh that's a good one. See that's what I'm shooting for now. Crazy and weird tones to catch people off guard with. Thanks.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
Oh that's a good one. See that's what I'm shooting for now. Crazy and weird tones to catch people off guard with. Thanks.

No prob!

things i've used in the past:
Verka Seducha - Dancing lasha Tumbai - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1AnCJsxDk

MGS Codec call sound effect

Rush - Tom sawyer

Aqua Teen hunger force movie - I like your booty (but I'm not gay)

Helio Commercial - Bot party

Those are just some of my notable ones (i usually seem to change it about once a year or so.)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »
My ringtone is the sound of the TARDIS appearing.   Yes, I am a geek :D

It is set to increase volume with each ring, so it really sounds as Doctor Who is really coming to visit :D

(I found a neat website which will send the tones to your phone like a text message, just don't remember what site it was)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.