Author Topic: RP Board!  (Read 5019 times)

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
RP Board!
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:32:24 AM »
To avoid situations like the Wedding, and the upcoming Dueling-League-related RPs (and whatever else could evolve here...), there should be a board for RPing as an activity. We currently have a board for the academic discussion of RPGs, but nowhere to actually play them out beyond the few places dedicated absolutely to games (like the SNEAKS board).

Think we could get one?
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: RP Board!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:34:14 AM »
Actually, I might eventually want to push for an entire dueling board (under "Alternate Realities") if things take off.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:42:54 AM »
I second the vote for an rp board!  I totally beyond suggest it!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »
I'd be down for an RP board.

So I third this vote.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:44:10 AM »
I am perplexed and intrigued. My vote is in.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »
I put my vote in for this, too. It would be uber-cool of you to create it, Sprig...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »
Naturally not wanting to deny the people of something they want, i whole-heartedly throw my support in for this!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »
I am firmly with you. I don't care if I get smoked everytime like I did last knight. It was still entertaining.

That brings up a question. Was a name for the league ever decided upon? I had to leave in the middle of the conversation.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:26:07 PM by AbominableMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 08:56:11 PM »
There's a vote...in Rants and Stuff, I believe...Go and vote for your favorite name!
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:08 PM »
Thanks wilson.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
you can't just keep it in Reading Excuses?  Since this is a RE thing I'd be willing to make a sub-board for it but not a main board unless you could live one under Alternate Realities.  I'm not going to allow for a new board for every whim on the site--heck I'm still annoyed Fell won't let me delete AR since it's been dead for years.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
I believe the intent was that a general RP board would not just be for RE people, but for anyone who wanted to create a role-play that didn't fit into one of the category boards you already have up... I guess whether or not it makes sense to actually do that depends on how much interest there would be site-wide, other than just RE people getting bored. XP

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
I kind of think it would work to just make it so that rps were created in the alternate realities board, since that is kind of what they are.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 08:35:33 AM »
You could just put up a board in AR to fit our needs, couldn't you? Then there wouldn't be a need to delete AR, as it wouldn't be dead anymore.

If you insisted upon it, we could keep it in RE, but there seems to be an interest in it beyond our little writing games and such.

My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
The problem is that there's no actual AR board, there's "What's this?", the TWiG board, and 2 game boards.  Otherwise, it would make perfect sense to throw it up on an AR board, or as a sub-board.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."