Poll

Which idea should we use?

submit once monthly, half the group on the 1st of a month, and half the group on the 15th
Wilson's idea wherein we have different submission cycles for each "group" that feels they can only submit weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, whatever.
Avalon's idea is that we have people "apply" to submit by Thursday of a given week, to send out on that Saturday.
Chaos suggested we have "submission points"; we each get three a month and can use as many as one or all three each month. If we don't use our points, they carry over into the next month.
M suggested we split the group into two: people who feel they can submit and critique weekly and people who feel they can only do so monthly (or whenever).

Author Topic: What would you like to do?  (Read 9123 times)

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
Re: What would you like to do?
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
"Shiro" like all hell spawn loses his power in the wake of the mighty Linux. Switch to Open Source software for the last bastion of safety from this horrible being.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 05:08:32 PM by wcarter4 »
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Karl

• Level 5
  • Rolling. Speed. Scene one, take one. ACTION!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
Heh, nothing like having one of thos Fundimental Linuxians knock at your door and ask you, "Have you accepted Linux as your personal operating system?" I hate such blind faith!
"When I came to this town five years ago I didn't have a nickle in my pocket. Now I have a nickle in my pocket."

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
*sigh* :-[  You will be converted eventually. You will ALL be converted in the end! 8)
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »
If I could, you know, actually bring this thread back on topic? Just for a second. ::)

It sounds like we're all willing to try Avalon's idea for the next week. So, what I propose:

We'll make the next submission date Monday. Anyone who wants to submit will apply - I'd suggest just posting in the Email List thread since it's already dedicated to submission dates - by Saturday. In theory, Chaos and I will choose who gets to submit based on who hasn't had a crit recently. Like Chaos said, I rather doubt we'll be putting a cap on how many people submit at this stage of the game (though if we continue with this idea, that might change in the future, once the holidays are over etc). Having said that, I know it's easier just to say "everyone who wants to submit go ahead" but part of the point of experimenting is to see if it's too clunky. Right?

So, anyone who feels they'll be ready to submit on Monday, post in the Email/Submission Date thread by Saturday and we'll see what happens. Any objections?

(Btw Ben - I think just a verbal voicing of [dis]agreement will do fine. Otherwise this board will be all polls and no crits. ;) )

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2008, 01:04:25 AM »
Thanks Silk I was getting confused... but that happens often enough.
Looks like a good plan to me. :)
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2008, 05:50:28 AM »
Finally, a decision. I needed a deadline. Now I have one. Now I MUST be done with my Chapter 1 and 2 re-write by Monday....That should be do-able. Even with my crazy work schedule....I'll just have to write a bunch tomorrow, which I guess is fine even if it's Christmas....speaking of which, it really doesn't feel like Christmas. I don't know why.

Oh, and speaking of Christmas:

Merry Christmas RE people! You all rock!  ;D
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2008, 07:19:03 AM »
Wilson: Just think of the Word War.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2008, 05:57:23 AM »
(Btw Ben - I think just a verbal voicing of [dis]agreement will do fine. Otherwise this board will be all polls and no crits. ;) )

WoW!  Post two polls and all the sudden the place is overrun with 'em.  ::)

Merry Christmas to all!
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)