Departments > Music

Favorite Rock Album (Poll)

<< < (6/7) > >>

CthulhuKefka:
No bite? NO BITE?!

I kid, I kid. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

My musical tastes vary, but I was raised on classic rock and classic rock is where I'll lay my body to rest when it's over. Or something like that. There will be a classic rock song played at my funeral, none of that melancholy, depressing stuff. Something uplifting.

The Jade Knight:
My favorite rock group which comes to mind at the moment is Siddharta.  They're Slovene Power Metal.

I'll probably think of groups I like more with time.  Rock is not my favorite supergenre.

MrPaperCamel:
I was raised on classic rock and 80's music. Things like Zepplin and the Doors alongside Echo and the Bunnymen and Howard Jones. Very odd musical catalog at childhood. Very odd ear for music nowadays.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
As long as we don't say something "sucks" you're on good ground. It's one thing to not like a band like Led Zeppelin, it's a completely different thing to say they were bad players/songwriters/performers or didn't have a dramatic effect on the music scene. (Oh, and the drummer's last name was BONHAM, not Bonum)

Not liking to listen to something is 100% subjective (though you can still be wrong, such as in the case of hating on Rush or The Kinks...)

But saying someone can't play has a great deal of objectivity in it.

Anyway, when I did that article, and in this thread, I've forgotten to mention something

I bought a CD ona  whim once, though based on good information, and it has turned out to be my favorite album ever.

The Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert is a 2-disc album with Bob Dylan songs performed by John Mellancamp, Ronnie Wood, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Roger McGuin, George Harrison, The Clancy Brothers, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, Lou Reed, Chrissie Hynde, and others. It is beautimous defined.

CthulhuKefka:
Eddie Vedder's "Masters of War" cover from that album blows me away every time I hear it, which is often.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version